• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2002 HSC question 21 the whole thing! (1 Viewer)

Kimi Raikkonen

ey can n e one out there please give me the answer to Question 21 of 2002 HSC paper, like the whole answer to all the parts, especially b), c) ??

:confused:

thanx;)

rx72c

You stress too much they are easy. I dont know if there is any use now. If you still want i can type the answers up for you.

rx72c

By da way, im typing the suppost band 6 answers, these answers are really disappointing and youll find q21c has an illogical mistake but ill type them to you as they are meant to be correct.

21a. A server is a piece of hardware that is given a specific task on a network, i.e to manage applications/data of a particular kind.
Specifically a file sotres and manages the files used within the network. It allows other nodes to access these fiels when neccessary for processing or other tasks. By holding all files in one place this can save valuble space on the memory of other nodes. It is also safer from possilbe hackers and keeps data accurate by sotring the main file in one place than many.

b. Data redundancy is the unnesscary duplication of data within a database. Here location is redundant data as it can be interpreted by using the room number.
The entrys in "Location" are often long such as "Managers Office", thus they use extra bits and therefore memory to sore this information. As the database increases in size the "Location" field will use up more and more storage space.
Similarly if queries are run on the data, the more data in the database there is to search, the more time it will take to finish the search.
The database may also take longer to open or save with the amount of redundant data.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I threw out all of my 01, 02, 03 past/trial papers (since it's over anyway).

But I believe I have answered 21C, from the 2002 HSC paper in this forum somewhere, if you'd kindly use the search button. There is another thread about 21C which I came across (today, as I've just returned from a little break for the HSC).

It's entitled: **2002 HSC - Question 21!!**
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15808

That should cover it, as well as rx72c's post above mine.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
so are there any yr 11 students on this forum or they dont come until next year.
There are some Year 11's right now, but they're probably waiting until "next year" to come into "our" forums :D

Some are taking over other subject forums too, I believe.

Like English.

rx72c

Oh well. I dont know how long ill be on this forum for but ill probably eventually drift away from it and forget it every existed and forget that i ever did the hsc.

One more thing, just wanted to ask, does anyone find this stupid.
My friend comes up to me a couple of weeks before the HSC and tells me im gona go to a once in a life time event, i go whats that, he goes wrestling, i go dont go, you have study to do for the HSC, then he goes but this is a once in a lifetime event, i go your an idiot, what do you think the HSC is, does anyone here agree with me or would you as well have gone to the wrestling.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Should've studied for the HSC.

The HSC itself is a 'once in a lifetime event'.
Originally posted by rx72c
Oh well. I dont know how long ill be on this forum for but ill probably eventually drift away from it and forget it every existed and forget that i ever did the hsc.
I'll begin to drift away once the new year hits, or as soon as university begins.

I won't ever forget that BOS had existed, but I might pop in every once and again, or pop on IRC and talk to the guys (tactic, laz, fatmuscle, etc).

:)

edit
3636 posts! o_O :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)