• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2010 English Essay on Belonging (Great Expectations & Feliks Skrzynecki)?? (1 Viewer)

Jordant107

HSC
‘An individual’s interaction with others and the world around them can enrich or limit their
experience of belonging.’
Discuss this view with detailed reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of
your own choosing.

The prescribed text is 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens, and the related text is 'Feliks Skrzynecki' by Peter Skrzynecki.

If anyone can give me an essay so that I have an idea for structure, or point me in the right direction as to where to find one, that'd be great- cheers!!

tigerian

HSC
N/A
are you sure you are allowed to use another text thats prescribed on the HSC list for belonging as a related text? i think you will find thats not acceptable for related texts according to the syllabus

HSC
are you sure you are allowed to use another text thats prescribed on the HSC list for belonging as a related text? i think you will find thats not acceptable for related texts according to the syllabus
yeah that's what I've thought so as well...

enoilgam

HSC
The related text cannot be a prescribed text. Remember, the markers wont know which topics you have studied.

dijanabatt

HSC
I am currently completing an english speech on Peter Skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicles and must decide on two of his poems and one related text. Specifically, the notification asks us to 'Discuss the extent to which your prescribed text and ONE related text support this idea. You must explore the entire selection of Skrzynecki’s poetry with reference to his need to belong. Choose TWO specific poems to explore in depth.' The quote I have chosen to relate to my speech is “Our bodies know they belong; it is our minds that make our lives so homeless” (John O’Donohue). I have decided on the two poems St Patrick's College and Post Card and am completely stuck on developing a thesis which is relative to the chosen quote and both poems. If you could possible help me through providing thesis ideas, specifically relative to the themes of identity and barriers it would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)