• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4U Cambridge solutions (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Is it there any place where you can get the cambride 4U solutions- those proving questions are often harder than the numerical ones. Do they have a site or book where the solutions are published?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mm i am lookin for these too.. ~

non-numerical answer questions which require things like proofs are a lot harder...

Wohzazz

HSC
I saw this site on the other post- don't think they have answers for Cambridge 4U though its great for trial papers
If you can find the direct link please let me know

Wohzazz

HSC
Hmm, both links not working- maybe i'll try someother time

Wohzazz

HSC
The problem is that i know that the question means in terms of what is going on, but i can't express it in a mathmatical way
That's why i need to refer to proper answers so i know what kind of style to answer

I've tried asking my teacher (same teacher for 3U and 4U) but she doesn't usually have much time- plus i think she's a bit agitated that i ask too much question- in some instances she can't answer it straight away

I really need the solutions especially with complex numbers test coming up- drbuchanan could you email the solutions please! any solution will be appreciated
Thank you:)

shkspeare

wants 99uai
can u email them to me too ?

i really need them!

can any one upload them onto here?! if they have the document already

Last edited:

sven0023

hmm ive done complex numbers and got all right so if anyone needs answers from arnold or the harder fitz ones on graph / complex ill send or soemthing...

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by drbuchanan
NO!

You guys don't get it.

I shut down the websites with solutions because they are useless!

It is more useful to you if you do the problems yourself.

This is also why I generally don't upload solutions to trial papers.

If I upload solutions again, or email them to you, what are you going to do? Read them? This is useless. I want you to do them yourself, not read somebody else's solution!
What happens if i have completely no idea how to start on these proving questions. Having something to refer to will clarify+ teach first time and when i see a similiar of Q next time, i will then pick it up and be able to do it with similar style

Originally posted by sven0023
hmm ive done complex numbers and got all right so if anyone needs answers from arnold or the harder fitz ones on graph / complex ill send or soemthing...
I want them so badly. If you could post a link or send the files to my email it will be most appreciated

stateofmind28@hotmail.com

thank you

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
NO!

You guys don't get it.

I shut down the websites with solutions because they are useless!

It is more useful to you if you do the problems yourself.

This is also why I generally don't upload solutions to trial papers.

If I upload solutions again, or email them to you, what are you going to do? Read them? This is useless. I want you to do them yourself, not read somebody else's solution!
but we can check our solutions and see if we are doing it right or not?

Rahul

Dead Member
i find it hard to see how they could do any harm!

most people like kimmeh, learn from worked answers ;) :D

i mean, if the solutions can be made available, without any problems for you[drbuchanan], then anyone who uses them would at a benefit. i mean, isn't that the reason behind having your site?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

most people like kimmeh, learn from worked answers ;) :D
yes rahul :uhhuh:

As I said before, a lot of people want me to put up solutions. But as I also said before, I usually won't. I am not always swayed by popular opinion. I'm a maths teacher, not a politician.
policticans arent paid to provide students with solutions to ext 2 maths. :p:D
i think everyone will benefit from the solutions, plus dr buchannan, if you're really devoted to your maths, then you should do them and upload them for us, because you're happy to see such devoted year 12 extension 2students :rolleyes: :p

J0n

N/A
HSC
Please drbuchanan, can you please put the solutions back, some of the cambridge questions are quite hard, especially when you first start the topic, and the solutions help show us grasp the topic better.
Please, pretty please. :D ;) :p :(

Rahul

Dead Member
As I said before, a lot of people want me to put up solutions. But as I also said before, I usually won't. I am not always swayed by popular opinion. I'm a maths teacher, not a politician.
i think it is more than popular opinion. ways of learning, and teaching, differ for people...

wildtiger

HSC
Yup... i'm also having heaps of trouble with Cambridge as well, and i usually get the solutions off my friends who are able to do them. However i usually have to wait until the next day at school, and by then the teacher would've moved onto the next exercise, meaning i fall really far behind. it would be extremely helpful if i am able to see how these questions are done, after i've had a go at it and failed. Either way, i'm gonna have to get answers from other people anyway. We would all be very grateful if you could put them up again dr buchanan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)