• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A brief to advise? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've been asked to write a brief to advise for legal studies...for a lil mock trially thing we are doing in class....I have done mock trial but never come across such a format b4...anyone know wat it is?

Jonathan A

HSC
I learnt to prepare briefs last year for evidence.

Generally the format is (and this is an investigative brief to present facts):

-Cover Page: name of parties involved, dispute, department name (e.g. ICAC) and investigating officers.

-Facts Sheet: A summary of the alleged facts, usually no more than one page in length. Also references are made to the evidence relied upon.

-Evidence Guide/Matrix: This has the elements of the allged offence in coloums and rows with pieces of evidence, so its a table that shows how each piece of evidence proves each element of the offence.

-Index: A list of all the evidence contained.

-Evidence: This all the evidence, including statements, transcripts and exhibits.

Hope this helps.

L

LaraB

mel, just check with your teacher

coz jonathan's advice is corret, however in school stufff almost never expect that level of sophistication and from past experience, you're often criticised for going above what they wanted

so just check to be sure:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)