• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A question (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Say you miss out on the UAI required 4 your course...but you only miss out by a few points, could u write a letter or get recommendations from someone...show examples of your work or something to get in???

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Your wanting to go to UWS aren't you melsc and do law?

You could sit the RET test, which might give you a better chance of getting in, or just do a similar course with a lower cutoff and transfer internally.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
melsc said:
Say you miss out on the UAI required 4 your course...but you only miss out by a few points, could u write a letter or get recommendations from someone...show examples of your work or something to get in???
lol, no.
uni bases entrance wholly on UAI.. unless its one of those arts courses where they look at your portfolio, give an interview, etc. but since you wanna do law, then no.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
bah stupid uni...
:mad:

Don't worry ... I'm sure heaps of other people have been in your situation - but they have worked some way of getting into the course that they wanted.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yeah, even if you dont get into law straight away.. u can do some other course suited to your UAI then transfer to law. doesn't matter if it takes longer.. u end up doing what u originally wanted..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
yea i know...i am just trying to find as many backdoor ways as possible
If you don't get into law - your best option would be to get into a similar course that your interested in and transfering internally.

klh

HSC
or get into something like what natstar said crim btu do the law units instead of the crim units, then get gpa>5 credit average and trasnfer.
or do a dip. i heard there was some other law diploma you could do, its on someone sig but i cant remember what.
wait i found it: the law extension commitee thingy. http://www.usyd.edu.au/lec/ and
http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lpab
hope it helps.

Generator

HSC
N/A
A number of institutions have flexible entry schemes for those just below the required cut-off, so I would suggest that you direct any such questions to the future students section of the relevant university/faculty, too.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
UTS transfer into law takes into account a personal statement... i know a person who got UAI in the 80s and transferred into law after one year of tertiary study...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I missed out on my course at UOW by 3 points and I still got in. And apparently they also accepted people that were 10+ below the cut off aswell. I think that was only because it was a new course though.

Scanorama

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I missed out on my course at UOW by 3 points and I still got in. And apparently they also accepted people that were 10+ below the cut off aswell. I think that was only because it was a new course though.
Yea I think it was a new course. Coz the course i want to do (B Enviornmental Science) requires a UAI of 85, (B Science) requires a UAI of 78, and the UAI I got was 71. The sub-Dean of Science refused to let me because my UAI was too low :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)