• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ACTUARIAL STUDIES/ECONOMICS vs COMBINED LAW + which girls are the best? (1 Viewer)

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
PLEASE HELP me through your infinite wisdom BOSers!
i am at a crossroad within my life and i cannot decide what to do!?
Please help me decide by answering some queries i have for the courses:

1. I want to be a management consultant/ consultant (mergers and acquisitions) and i am wondering whether actuarial studies/economics (UNSW) and combined law (UTS, USYD, UNSW) is more suited for this occupation

2. Which one is more demanding and harder? I really enjoy 4 unit maths and economics at school and hate Advanced English with a passion.

3. Will i sort of have a social life and get to party with the bitches occassionally? Btw how pretty are unsw girls? I went to the UTS and USYD open days in janurary. Trust me guys the girls are off the charts man. NO JOKE!!!! they're sooooooooooo hoooooooooootttttt. Not sure about UNSW though. I fear UNSW girls are not as pretty as USYD/UTS girls. USYD and UTS seem very fun and the clubs and societies seem very cool too.

4. For Law do you have to read a lot and are there similarities between law and advanced English?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Management consulting tends to attract a lot of combined law students due to their strong understanding of the local and international business environment. I personally think a student doing actuarial studies would be disadvantaged in the sense that you are majoring in an area which you may not find yourself using but there's no discounting that the skills you learn within that major would be very useful.

Why didn't you like english during school?

nightweaver066

HSC
Girls in combined law are better.

Also, UNSW has soo many clubs/societies and plenty are active and hold many events. But really, the social life is what you make out of it.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
go combined law for that merger and acquisition stuff

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
yeah im kinda leaning to combined law. Cause i fear actuarial studies has a lot of asian nerd dudes however i think law would have more attractive females. I really wanna PARTY WITH THE BITCHES!!!!!!! I heard USYD is the party central for uni's? Is it true?

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Why didn't you like english during school?[/QUOTE said:
It is very stale and boring. Not challenging like maths or economics which require you to think outside the box.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Law does require you to comprehend large slabs of text very quickly (as is expected in management consulting). Do you think you're suited to that?

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Law does require you to comprehend large slabs of text very quickly (as is expected in management consulting). Do you think you're suited to that?
Yeah I don't mind doing that. Because it sounds interesting. I only fear english because it is boring and does not interest me. However I would devour something i would enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)