• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

? Advance Maths (1 Viewer)

DARA92

HSC
N/A
I noticed someone in the forum said they study Adv. Maths. What is it?

I only know Gen Maths, 2U maths, Maths Ext 1 and Maths Ext 2?

HSC
its university maths I think you are referring to , or some people refer to 2unit maths as advanced maths for the hsc

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Because there is Advanced English, the Mathematics course is often referred to as Advanced Math. It is also known, as you have noted as 2 unit Math. There is no actual Advanced Math subject per se.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Although if the BOS goes ahead with General 1 and General 2, Mathematics 2U will be renamed Mathematics Advanced.
wait, what? what do you mean by general 1 and general 2? As in having general maths as a one or two unit subject? :O
If so, imagine extension general math. LOL.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Extension 2 General Mathematics... mm I like it.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Extension 2 General Mathematics... mm I like it.
Hypothetically: If they did this, I wonder what they'd have as content D: General mathematics extension two... GME2 FTW.

Existential

HSC
N/A
I noticed someone in the forum said they study Adv. Maths. What is it?

I only know Gen Maths, 2U maths, Maths Ext 1 and Maths Ext 2?
Naming 2U as Mathematics Advanced would make more sense really. It's the same as naming 3U as Extension 1 and 4U as Extension 2.

Although if the BOS goes ahead with General 1 and General 2, Mathematics 2U will be renamed Mathematics Advanced.
Yes, but NSWBOS is reluctant to implement this new syllabus for Stage 6 Maths (they've archived it). The whole national curriculum problem is contributing to this deferral, I think. Despite the current syllabus lacking a modern focus and structure, generally it has served us well. However, reform to it should be sought in say, within this decade.

Also, to all those interpreting the changes to the lower maths as extension courses for General Maths - you are wrong. The structure would have everyone studying General Maths 1 in Year 11 and then choose for Year 12 General Maths 1 HSC or General Maths 2 HSC (presumably they differ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)