• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advanced Sci at Sydney unig (1 Viewer)

casebash

HSC
Who's doing an advanced science degree at sydney uni and what subjects are you taking? I'm doing Science (advanced maths) and definitely taking physics and programming subjects.

A l

HSC
N/A
The 2006 UAI cut-offs for Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) are 96.4 and and 98.8 respectively. With a high cut-off like that, it shows that it is quite popular.

HSC
xrtzx said:
hu said it was popular, imo i think its a load of bs.
As far as I can see, its the only course which has a 90+ UAI requirement in every university.

I can't see whats so interesting about it..

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
For those who are doing Sci/Commerce, where do they go to choose the Adv? Is it just done there? or do u ring?

Libbster

HSC
hey i'm doing adv sci at syd. i'm going to do adv chem and physics but i'm not sure of my other elective.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
Why is Advaned Science so popular?

Science (Advanced Mathematics)

the "high" uai course (not adv science - thats only high 96's) only takes 10 ppl.

10 people is not a great deal, hence why its so popular.
Med/Science also takes 10 ppl (or less?) which is why its 99.95 (lowest uai to get in the course - includes an interview)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
LostAuzzie said:
I'm doing Adv Science at USyd:
I'm going to take:
Adv Chem
Adv Phys
Concepts in Bio
& maths
Reconsider bio, unless you want to major in some bio area and really need it.

The advanced science degree is OK. The advanced maths degree, in my opinion, is just a hyped up version of the advanced degree. Provided you qualify for the advanced degree you can come out exactly the same as the advanced maths one.

LostAuzzie

HSC
I was planning on either doing 2 majors (Chem & Physics) or a single major in Nanoscience & Technology
I was using Biology to fill in the extra 6cp, any ideas on what else I could use for 1st Semester (Im thinking of doing Astronomy in 2nd Semester)?

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Do anything but concepts in bio. That subject screws your mark up. Not to mention the psychological stress from trying to rote learn all those information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)