• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advanced vs Standard??? (1 Viewer)

jacqui-xo

HSC
Yo guys! I'm in the middle of the scary period of deciding my subjects for year 11 and 12.
I am really leaning towards advanced english (I love it), yet my grade for this semester was a C due to my hatred of Shakespeare. I do really well in most essays (full marks for history essays almost every time) and I do well in English essays, yet they are rarely counted towards our grade. Also 9 marks were taken off because I didn't mention techniques in my extended response. Anyway, my engilsh coordinator advised me if i pull together a high B next semester I will be allowed to do Advanced. So if you were in my position, which way would you go? Advanced or standard? <3

madharris

HSC
N/A
Definitely Advanced!

It's way too difficult to do well in standard as opposed to advanced!

The only difference between the two are a few texts, however as a standard student, you get compared to that of an Advanced

DO NOT DO STANDARD!! :)

Verify

HSC
Advanced. Try to do Advanced English no matter what. Dropping to standard will kill your ATAR.

Sadly you'll be doing Shakespeare in your senior years so I suggest you try improving in that aspect.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Do advanced,standard is the devil. Look at the raw marks database and look at the aligning, a 75ish in advanced is a B6, a 75 in standard is no where near that.

nojess

HSC
All of my friends who ended up doing standard regret it! Advanced really isn't that difficult and your ATAR will thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)