• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

advice on my subjects- in year 11 help plz (1 Viewer)

Joe Bullard

Some Random
HSC
hey everyone i am in year 11 and just had the uai talk. it sucked. i found that nearly all my subject will not help uni-wise (which i half new) but they also scaled down my uai dramatically. does anyone have advice on what i should do? if i keep doing these subject and go very good will i still get a good uai (maybe 80 or above or 90 if i realllly work hard) any advice from previous years would be great. i am doing

standard english
general maths
economics
hospitality (VET course [also found out this scaled uai down ALOT] but i like it)
senior science (i know, i know. i jsut didnt know what science to do, although i am first in my class haha[although pretty dumb class haha])
modern history

any advice, tips or ANYTHING EXTREMELY WELCOME i am not sure what to do hey thanks for anyone who posts love ya haha

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
To be honest, you're still in Year 11 DON'T STRESS, its only a trial year where you get to see what Year 12 is like. Bare in mind nothing is being counted. Unless your accelerating but thats a different story.
Goodluck though!

runnable

HSC
You can get UAI 99+ with those subjects. Say coming first in the state in all those subs will surely land you a high 99 is not 100.

So its not about the subs, its about how good you are at it. However of course if you are equally good at 2 subjects and like them just the same, pick the one with better scaling.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ness.xox said:
To be honest, you're still in Year 11 DON'T STRESS, its only a trial year where you get to see what Year 12 is like. Bare in mind nothing is being counted. Unless your accelerating but thats a different story.
Goodluck though!
But the effect that this subject selection he made last year is ever-lasting. No matter what he does now, he cannot change the subjects unless school allows it (I highly doubt this at this stage).

To OP: Well, I guess you should try your best in each subject. As you are already aware, the scaling of most of your subjects are quite abysmal. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get bad UAI either. It is just that you need to perform quite well in all your subjects. I suggest you spend your time wisely. Spend more time with your English (Standard) which WILL COUNT towards your UAI.

I wish you luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)