• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Alfie (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
so i watched this movie last night, fell asleep, and watched the rest this morning.
it was awful.
tragic.
really boring.

but the soundtrack is really great.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
no i didnt thomas.
melissa said it to me yesterday as we were walking home.
hence the reason why its quoted as Mel saying it, and not Sophies one self.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Watched it, liked it...

But hey i like all movies (except LOTR)..:eek:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I watched it, hated it. It was boring and cynical.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
jumb said:
I watched it, hated it. It was boring and cynical.
You would rather watch a happy la la land movie about a gal and guy falling for each other, they spearate, then get back together with a kiss and them living happily ever after?

Oh btw, i love those romance movies as well!!:p

Keen

MD
HSC
It was alright, had some interesting ideas on it and the man has charm. Loved the new word of the day idea - ostentacious.

Keen

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_b said:
You would rather watch a happy la la land movie about a gal and guy falling for each other, they spearate, then get back together with a kiss and them living happily ever after?

Oh btw, i love those romance movies as well!!:p
Yes, I would. I watch movies because they can evoke positive emotions. I don't want to watch a movie that makes me feel depressed.

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
jumb said:
Yes, I would. I watch movies because they can evoke positive emotions. I don't want to watch a movie that makes me feel depressed.
Does that mean you liked Love Actually?

I think that evokes several positive emotions. ^_^;;

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I agree, Alfie sucked. If it wasn't for Jude Law looking hot in his white singlet, I wouldn't have made it through.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Smurg said:

I haven't seen it, but from the main actors and the fact that I heard it was a bit of a musical, I can only assume that it would suck.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
jumb said:
So you would prefer to watch some "chick flick"? Pretty woman? Save the last dance? Intolerable cruelty?
Smurg said:

I loved it :eek:

"To me you are perfect and my wasted heart will love you" on giant cards...how sweet...

jumb said:
I haven't seen it, but from the main actors and the fact that I heard it was a bit of a musical, I can only assume that it would suck.
Erm, i can't remember it being a musical...

But it evokes positive feelings!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_b said:
So you would prefer to watch some "chick flick"? Pretty woman? Save the last dance? Intolerable cruelty?
They all suck! I prefer witty romances, or even better, romantic comedies. I'd actually prefer something with blood and explosions, but if i had to pick a romantic I'd rather something not boring and cliche or something that would make me laugh.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
jumb said:
They all suck! I prefer witty romances, or even better, romantic comedies. I'd actually prefer something with blood and explosions, but if i had to pick a romantic I'd rather something not boring and cliche or something that would make me laugh.
Cynical is not as cliche as happy endings in which the couple kiss and all is fine... :rolleyes:

You can't go wrong with over done explosions and mass human death now can you? Don't you just love it when things come crashing down?

In my books, if a movie can make me cry, smile, unintentionly have my mouth open (i get too into movies and relax my jaw) or feel that it only took 1/3 of the time it actually took, it's a good movie...:eek:

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
miss_b said:
"To me you are perfect and my wasted heart will love you" on giant cards...how sweet...
Yep this is one of the moments I think of that makes me happy. ^_^

Also where the little boy Sam is running after his true love through the airport. :)

Aww. <3

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Smurg said:
Yep this is one of the moments I think of that makes me happy. ^_^

Also where the little boy Sam is running after his true love through the airport. :)

Aww. <3
And the bit where the writter speaks in spanish (i think) to his cleaner *wipes away tear*

That movie made me cry so many times...:p

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
miss_b said:
And the bit where the writter speaks in spanish (i think) to his cleaner *wipes away tear*

That movie made me cry so many times...:p
Yeah...and ALSO (haha) where they are speaking to each other in English and Portuguese and they can't understand each other..."This is the saddest part of my day...driving you home." ~ "This is the saddest part of my day...leaving you."

They are speaking Portuguese...:) I also love the Soundtrack to the movie...I have a few of the mp3s. I could send them to you. :) You'll remember them. ^_^

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_b said:
Cynical is not as cliche as happy endings in which the couple kiss and all is fine... :rolleyes:
I came away from that movie thinking "Geez, the world is fucked" and "that was boring". To me, these feelings signify a shitty movie.

miss_b said:
In my books, if a movie can make me cry, smile, unintentionly have my mouth open ...
<insert oral sex joke>

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
I get some feeling jumb isn't really a girl.

But don't blame me because I haven't been here for long...at least not posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)