• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Analysing Sources (1 Viewer)

amanda.

HSC
Hi guys,
I have my trial ext history exam tomorrow and was just wondering what the teachers are looking for in terms of analysing the source that they give us? Like, is it the typical 'bias, primary source, emotive language stuff or is it different? Please help, we havent really been taught much of this stuff!

nazi jew

Banned
HSC
hey there, my trial is on monday. The first section, the what is history module- the one with the 'unseen source'. depending on your teacher... it should be an article that should relate to the module questions, i.e. "how has history been constructed over time" and those others...(having a mind blank) The article will raise awareness of what you've learnt in this module and ask one of the module questions.

Basically, you use this unseen article to justify (or argue otherwise) your answer to the question. For us, our teacher told us what question she will give us (one above) and told us to go through the article and see something we know (like the article mentions something about the veracity of oral sources, so you go 'oh, ill mention herodotus', or history having a moral objective - thucydides, etc.) you highlight it and use it in your response.

In all, the article should be the FOCUS of the essay, and when your response will be marked and it doesnt fit the article (board of studies or your teacher) your prepared answer, (if you study that way, many people do) wont get the marks a response that has answered to the article, will.

hasnt your teacher said anything to you about this? (P.S. check out past papers & their articles)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

amanda. said:
No she hasnt! This is soooooo bad!!!!!
Why don't you confront her about it? You can't expect a year 12 teacher to know what you want.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
now i understand it...had i been told earlier...i might have studied like that :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)