• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

+++Ani1 help? Gif me sum advice+++ (1 Viewer)

FlyToTheSky***

HSC
Wot can i do now? I nearly fail all subjects in da half yearly.........
plus+ I do alll crap subjs. like industrial arts...hospitality.....general maths....etc

but i nearly got full mark in all assessment task(accept maths)

does the assessment mark affected to the HSC...?

Can some1 give me advice....?
How to improve....?

plus+ all of my subject are scale down.....:(

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you wanted to get into uni you can pretty much forget about it. My advice is to finish the HSC anyway no matter what mark you get because at least you would have done it, and then try and get into a tafe course somewhere or get a job.

Dil myster

HSC
just try

I think at this point all you can do is try your hardest and study your heart out. If you find yourself blowing off school work to go out with friends, then make yourself a daily or weekly plan so you can figure out when the best times are to work on each subject. Otherwise you spend everyday leading up to the HSC saying " l'll do that tomoro and this on Wed " come tomoro your going to be saying the same thing. As long as you work to your full potential and try your hardest, come exams, whether you fail or not, you'll know that you gave it all you had and have no doubts about doing better, no regrets.. k! By the way... l dropped maths and am doing all artsy, english subjects, so don't worry!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
FlyToTheSky*** said:
plus+ I do alll crap subjs. like industrial arts...hospitality.....general maths....etc

How to improve....?

If you do really well in your subjects and pull up ur marks there is no reason why you cant do well :) Scalling only effects you badly if you dont do well...so put the hard yards in and who knows?

tempco

HSC
a. lose the +++YoU NoE Hau Ai Rite Lyk DiS LooK KoolZ?+++
b. if you've been doing well throughout the year, dw about the half yearlies and concentrate on the trials.
c. there's always tafe.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
FlyToTheSky*** said:
Wot can i do now? I:(
Dont let you disappointing results stop you from future sucess. Is there a reason you did not go as well as you planned in your half yearlies? ( e.g. you were sick prior to exams, too much partying not enough studying or didnt start studying earlier enough, was stressed out??) You need to work out why you screwed up, and try not to let it happen again .. but dont let it get ya down!

FlyToTheSky*** said:

QUOTE]

yes .. assesement marks contribute to half of your overall hsc mark for each subject .. however you still have trials to go so if u kick arse .. also you said you went well in previous assesements

FlyToTheSky*** said:
How to improve....?

.:(
Dont stress over it .. get into a reuglar study routine. I could tell you stuff like listen in class, take notes, study for x hours ... but seriously when it comes down to it i think you know what you have to do ... put in serious effort to obtain seriously good results.

FlyToTheSky*** said:
i didnt look at all the subjects that you do, however i recall you saying you do gen maths etc and yes they scale down, but it does not howver mean they will scale you do if you do substanially well. If it is only the 0.5 yearlies you have stuffed up, seriously you have the trials awating you.

Good luck and dont stress, study and it should be well
ps .. hope i have actually helped u in my ramble! :)

HSC
first off, your hopes for uni are NOT out of the question, dependent of what you want to do sure, but not totally out of the question.

the only advice i have for you is, put your heart into it. You seemed cut enough to post this thread so you obviously do care, your half yearlys were in the past so focus on the imminent and the future, you'll be fine if you just put in the effort.
gl..

im outz

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you wanted to get into uni you can pretty much forget about it. My advice is to finish the HSC anyway no matter what mark you get because at least you would have done it, and then try and get into a tafe course somewhere or get a job.

um..not every course at uni has a really high uai.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
jusdorange said:
um..not every course at uni has a really high uai.
True. I pretty much did so called low scaling subjects: std english, gen maths, ees, bio and tourism. I just put heaps of effort in, and I even think that tourism actually scaled my uai up.

And now look, I'm a second year uni student, studying what I wanted to study.

It just depends what you want to do after you finish year 12. Not everyone wants to go to uni. There are different options.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
hmmm... perhaps look to the future and not to the past, school isn't for everyone. You say you do industrial arts, let me assure you, the demand for skilled trades people is huge and growing. Make a smart choice as to where you want to go in life and what you want to do for a living. University is seriously a poorly conisdered option if studying isn't your thing. I'd look towards a practical occupation, carpenter, electrician etc.

FinalFantasy

HSC
FlyToTheSky*** said:

How to improve....?

when u say "nearly fail all subjects", u mean u juz get raw marks below 50%?
if ur ranks are good den it doesn't matter as long as u do good in da HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)