• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ANY help would be appreciated.. (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
9.3.5: "gather, analyse and present information from secondary sources to compare two different concepts used to explain mass extinction events"

maybe it's just me..but what two concepts??

9.3.5: "compare these smaller extinction events with widespread 'catastrophic' events in which entire ecosystems collapse with the extinction of many entire classes and orders"

no idea about that one either..

ANY help would be appreciated!! if not..no biggie..but..it might be nice to know just in case considering they're are dot points lol.. :uhhuh:

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
with the first one, we learnt about mass extinction at the end of the permian and end of the cretaceous. at the end of the permian there was possibly an ice age. at the end of the cretaceous there was probly a meteorite (dinosaurs)

for part 2, a smaller extinction event is where only a small number of species becomes extinct. a mass extinction can kill out entire classes and orders of species which can disrupt the food chain and collapse ecosystems

sorry i dont hav much time to explain much i hav to learn stuff too :(

em_516

bludging..
HSC
geez..it's amazing how after someone else explains something you completely understand..i'd already done those things..just didn't register obviously..cheers mate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)