• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applying for Early Entry at uni (1 Viewer)

lozxxoo

HSC
:wave: :confused: Can any1 tell me when how who and what i hav to do to apply for early entry to uni!?!?!? ANYONE. Im currently doing yr 12 this year:)

williamc

HSC
Go to the UAC website. By early i assume you mean "Early round offers." For early roudn offers or first roudn your preferences have to be in by September.

http://www.uac.edu.au/ And click on "undergraduate study"

Last edited:
HSC
what course were you thinking of applying for early entry for? go to the relevant unis website and do a search on early entry and it should tell you what you need to know.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
watatank said:
what course were you thinking of applying for early entry for? go to the relevant unis website and do a search on early entry and it should tell you what you need to know.
Engineering (Electrical) @ UNSW

or

Engineering (Electrical) @ UTS

lozxxoo

HSC
psychology . Its just that i thought id try to get into the course that has a uai of 90 other than waiting till after the hsc, not getting 90 and having to go for the uai 70 course which is an extra year on top lol. Do u guys know what the requirements are or what u hav to submit

HSC
not sure unis offer psychology, i thought it would be way too popular

not sure what you mean by "when do early round offers open"...but what happens with early entry is you do an interview with someone and they look at your marks etc. if you get in they will tell you before you start your hsc exams that they have reserved a spot in the course for you, and you will get in provided its your first preference, regardless of uai (you stil hav to apply through uac etc).

jirwin

HSC
lozxxoo if u are doing ur HSC this yr... why does it say 2008 in ur profile?

lozxxoo

HSC
No idea why it says 2008 haha thanks. Do they look at assesments or exams? I get good marks in assesments but when it comes to exams they arent as good. I didnt know u had to do an interview! Thats kinda scary! Have you or any1 previously done this:wave: is there any way around the uai cut offs if you dont get what you want besides waiting a year

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I'm pretty sure there are only specific uni's that offer Early Entry Schemes, such as UNE (which is based on a principal reccommendation) and I think that Charles Sturt does but I'm not sure. Some others might offer it for specific courses... I've never heard of one for psych though... which uni were you planning on going to? Requirements would vary from uni to uni so it would be best to contact the specific ones.

HSC
yeah i got into my course through early entry (not that i needed it but anyway). they look at your overall internal marks (i assume whatever is on your report), because thats all they have access to when you do interview as well. dont worry about the interview, its not that daunting or anything, its just them chatting to you, if you show enough of an interest and your marks are ok then it shouldnt b a huge deal. there isnt much alternative if you dont get in apart from doing another course and hope to transfer.

it doesnt have early entry schemes in psyc for uow (not sure about others), early entrys for not so popular courses such as science, engineering, maths, stuff like that.

like sprinkles said contact the uni you want to go to and ask them

Last edited:

lozxxoo

HSC
THats the thing i hav no idea where i wanna go. I live near a csu and i also would love scu in coffs harbour and the newcastle uni. I am just afraid i wont get the uai i want that i hav worked so hard for in the end. Some of the subjects i do are harder than others(physics, mathematics 2U, advanced eng, bio, music) physics and maths being the hardest

HSC
what uai do you think you might get? its quite hard to get into B Psyc (85+), but you can always try for a B Arts or Science majoring in psychology (i think you can get in with 70's) to give you something to fall back on if you cant get straight into psyc.

"ok" marks are like 70's or 80s ideally for everything, cant afford to have too many subjects any lower than 70. more importantly youd have to make sure your bio and english marks (maybe maths as well?) are quite good, higher end of the scale as these have some sorta link to psyc, no matter how vague.

lozxxoo

HSC
Well i want the 70+ range uai but 80 would be awesome. I could do the social science of phsyc but its an extra year to the B phsyc. UAI of 90 seems impossible lol but if i worked hard enough i could get it. And i mean freakin hard

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
watatank said:
what uai do you think you might get? its quite hard to get into B Psyc (85+), but you can always try for a B Arts or Science majoring in psychology (i think you can get in with 70's) to give you something to fall back on if you cant get straight into psyc.
Yeah if you do a B of Arts or Science and pick all the same subjects as 1st year Psych, then you won't be behind after you transfer. That's what my friend is doing this year :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)