• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Arts/Law Deakin? (1 Viewer)

colourmyworld17

HSC
Hey ,

I was thinking of doing Arts/Law at Deakin Uni, any thoughts/advice on this course? I am having great difficulty deciding between Arts/Law Deakin or just Arts at Melbourne.

Thanks,

cmw17

compache

HSC
N/A
haha, I am considering exactly the same thing. Anyone help?

colourmyworld17

HSC
Yes heeelp!

Im going to the Deakin Info Session/Tour thing tonight, perhaps that would help with this decision-making....never actually been on Burwood campus.

The people I know all seem to be big believers of prestige, hence would choose Melbourne...but at the end of your university years, you walk out with a degree not a label? Or does your uni label make a biig difference in the working world? ? ?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
colourmyworld17 said:
The people I know all seem to be big believers of prestige, hence would choose Melbourne...but at the end of your university years, you walk out with a degree not a label? Or does your uni label make a biig difference in the working world? ? ?
There are two camps on this issue:

The first camp, Camp No.1, will say yes it does matter. (People from Camp No.2 will say that these people are scare-mongering and/or elitist.)

Camp No.2 will say that it uni labels don't matter. (People from Camp No.1 will say that this is like living in a politically-correct dreamworld where people wear blinkers and don't acknowledge what's really going on, where people need a reality check.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)