• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

assessment stuff up.. have i stuffed everything (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
Hey all
k we did an assessment task in class for english on powerplay. I really think i stuffed up, like i think i am going to be lucky to get 10 out of 40. It was really hard and i am really stressing now. if i do get as low as I think i will have i stuffed my chances of getting a high 80 for my HSc or doesn't it mean as much as i think it does. Please someone explain. i am going to have a stress attack until i get the mark back..
thanks so much

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what was it worth? if it was very little like 20% then it doesnt really matter.

pig_93

HSC
nah it'll be ok believe me

there have been success stories

dont stress ok

angel_fire

HSC
umm it was only worth 15%.. Does that mean i am ok. I have gone really well in the rest of my assessments with 85, 90 and 100%. I am guessing that i will have to do well in the trials. anyways thanks so much for all your help.

Mandy101

HSC
Don't stress, you can't do perfectly in everything. Everybody has a few major stuff-ups during the year, its normal. If it was a hard assessment, other people would have found it difficult, and so your ranking should remain largely unchanged anyway.

fakingtheday

HSC
Yeah everyone is right, i will now share my anecdote. In our hald yearly we were given last year's hsc paper as the AOS paper. 41/45. I was cheering. However paper two, worth half of the exam was one essay on speeches, 12/20. I'm still ranked 2nd, it bumped me out of first but it makes for a challenging trial correct? I'm sure you will be fine, hell you haven't even got your mark back.

angel_fire

HSC
yeah i understand where everyone is coming from I know i have failed it is not possible to pass for reasons, but thanks for everything...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Argonaut said:
You can afford one screw-up in your assessments, but only one.
erhh

i never passed an assignment for a subject at school and i got E4 for English Extension 2....

angel_fire

HSC
kewl.
well congratulations on that. You must ave deserved it.. well i have got over it now. i realise that i can't change anything and i now know i failed so i can accept it hehe. thanks to everyone for your answers it has made me realise that it is not that important. And i still have my trials to make up for it, and my other marks should be good enough. But my position in the class does that really matter, like yeah i want the medal at the end of the year but other than that does it really matter what rank i come for the sake of my UAI. thanks again Cya

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Ur inner child- do you mind me asking what your exact marks were? I have also seriously stuffed up in the internal assesment mark for EE2 :eek: I'm searching for hope wherever I can!

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
you also have to remember that theres the HSC tests as well.

so theres heaps of chances to still get some nice results.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
each assessment mark i got, the highest was 7/15, for every viva voce etc

i got 46/50 for my final.

THERE IS HOPE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)