• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assignment help? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hey.
i'm currently doing my motors and generators assignment. but im kinda stuck because this is a research task but i cannot find any resources for the question.

we have to choose 3 appliances out of 3 columns.

I chose: "Power Windows"; "Electric Knife" & a "tumble dryer". my selections may change; but that's what im doing for the moment.

the questions are:

a)Identify the energy transfers and transformations that occur with the use of the appliance.

b) identify what type of electric motor would be most suitable for the appliance. justify your choice of motor for the appliance

c) identify and describe the main features of the motor. use a diagram to enhance you answer.

d) describe how the motor operates; include the physics involved in its operation.

e) evaluate what features of the motor contribute to the success of the motor for its intended application.

f) explain limitations or any disadvantages that could be associated with the use of this type of motor.

g) discuss what features of the motor contribute to its reliability and durability.

if you were to help me with this assignment;
would you be able to post where i can find information about the 3 appliances?
im accepting both books and websites.
also; if you were to give a brief explanation of what would i do for each part and how to relate it to the appliances; etc etc. it would be really helpful!

thank you in advanced if you help me with this assignment. coz it's due in 2 weeks o.o''

oh yeh btw; i've already been to "howstuffworks.com" and wasn't too helpful .. and yeah. >_<

Last edited:

richz

shinji said:
hey.
i'm currently doing my motors and generators assignment. but im kinda stuck because this is a research task but i cannot find any resources for the question.

we have to choose 3 appliances out of 3 columns.

I chose: "Power Windows"; "Electric Knife" & a "tumble dryer". my selections may change; but that's what im doing for the moment.

the questions are:

a)Identify the energy transfers and transformations that occur with the use of the appliance.

b) identify what type of electric motor would be most suitable for the appliance. justify your choice of motor for the appliance

c) identify and describe the main features of the motor. use a diagram to enhance you answer.

d) describe how the motor operates; include the physics involved in its operation.

e) evaluate what features of the motor contribute to the success of the motor for its intended application.

f) explain limitations or any disadvantages that could be associated with the use of this type of motor.

g) discuss what features of the motor contribute to its reliability and durability.

if you were to help me with this assignment;
would you be able to post where i can find information about the 3 appliances?
im accepting both books and websites.
also; if you were to give a brief explanation of what would i do for each part and how to relate it to the appliances; etc etc. it would be really helpful!

thank you in advanced if you help me with this assignment. coz it's due in 2 weeks o.o''

oh yeh btw; i've already been to "howstuffworks.com" and wasn't too helpful .. and yeah. >_<
these questions are basically dot pts. Get some dot point summaries from the resources section and read thru them.

eg. i'll try and do one (Power Windows)

Motion (kinetic)(from engine)-> electric -> Kinetic

Prolly DC

Rotor, Stator, Armature, Axle. Check out the hsc.csu webby.

Read the Resources section and get dot pt summaries.

eg. DC hard to transform, lots of power loss (more than AC)

Portable, split ring commutators are lubricated so no friction .'. less power loss etc

Hope it helps.

Just consider each question as one of the dot pts from the syallbus and just answer them accordingly

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
ahh. thanks for your help!
thanks so much! ^_^

*gives e-hug* XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)