• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

At Home With Julia (2 Viewers)

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
ABC1 9.30 tonight apparently. Meh, could be fun

Lentern

HSC
Haven't seen this weeks yet so will of course reserve judgement, my observation of the first two episodes was that it was ok comedy but pretty lousy satire. Relied mostly on bogan sort of gags which is legitimate in it's own rights but when you pitch the show at political junkies it's gonna disappoint. Regarding the controversy, I think most of it is fair game, I've no problem with people making fun of what she wears etc but the slights on Tim Matheson are pretty grubby frankly. Most of them are sexist, many are homophobic and none of them would have ever been made about Jannette Howard or Therese Rein.

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw whatever ep was on tonight (think it might have been 3) and pretty much what lentern said, funny/creepy at times but kinda dumb as well.

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Was hoping for something more like The Thick of It

Lentern

HSC
Have just seen the most recent episode, with a bigger array of character quirks to call upon the satirical side of it was a lot sharper and enjoyable, but I don't know how much of that was just Jonathan Biggins and Paul McCarthy's acting as much as anything. Two lines I really enjoyed was when Rudd refered to Swan as Brutus and when Gillard said to Keating "that's really interesting Paul" and he replied "yes I am Julia."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)