• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR cut off prediction for UNSW B.commerce anyone? " this is my guess" (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
2008:cant find it but it was "UAI" thatyear and most likely lower.
2009: 95.3
2010: 96.00
2011: 96.7
2012: 96.3

2013: ????

As you can see the cut off has been rising since 2008 but nearly 1 ATAR each year. However, 2012 there was a drop for the first time.This is a reflection of the new government law of officially uncapping the max university places that a uni can offer. In my opinion it will continue drop slightly each year because of this as universities want more students which result in more $$$.

2013 atar cut off estimate: 95.9

Please share your opinions.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Doesn't it say 97 on the UAC guide?

madharris

HSC
N/A
The 2013 uac guide that you should have gotten for free from your school

EDIT: I just checked it, I was wrong sorry. It says 96.30

Alkanes

HSC
Won't change much. It'll be in the 96 range. Can't see it rising to a 97+ or something lol.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's in UNSW's best interest that the cut off is kept high, so i can't see them letting it drop every year.

kwu1

HSC
They have bonus points don't they? That will bring it down lower won't it?

Rawf

HSC
Doesn't the ATAR cut off include the bonus points?
I hope it stays at 96.. then I can get an atar of 93ish and get in with 4-5 bonus points lol
However, I have noticed this year (atleast in my school) I haven't found many people who wanna do commerce at UNSW (probs like 2-3). Last year I remember quite a lot of students aspiring for commerce.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
But HSC Plus isn't new, all the cutoffs listed in this thread are inclusive of possible bonus marks.

darkdog307

HSC
I think it will become around 94-95 because they removed actuary as commerce major and actuary becomes a separate degree.

Rawf

HSC
I think it will become around 94-95 because they removed actuary as commerce major and actuary becomes a separate degree.
Really? what proportion of commerce students major in actuarial studies?

Frostbitten

HSC
Hmm, damn that is higher than I thought it was, could have sworn commerce at UNSW was 94. I want to go into accounting, what would be the difference between commerce and majoring accounting and economics majoring in accounting.

Rawf

HSC
Hmm, damn that is higher than I thought it was, could have sworn commerce at UNSW was 94. I want to go into accounting, what would be the difference between commerce and majoring accounting and economics majoring in accounting.
Commerce is 94 at usyd, maybe you got them mixed up haha.
I think you can major in accounting within economics (it says you can pick a major from the ASB course or whatever), so I assume that you'll learn the same stuff... however the name of the degree is different? I know for both commerce and arts you can do human resource management, and the major should be almost identical I believe.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
UNSW doesn't control the cut offs..
Not per se, but OP is assuming UNSW is money hungry and will keep letting in (a lot) more people into the course each year as that amount isn't capped by the government. That won't be happening every year. Besides the universities can control the cut offs, each year universities such as UWS, ACU, Canberra, most the rural unis have vacancies in majority of courses but you wouldn't get in to one of those courses with a mystery mark even though their are vacancies since the universities can set minimum cut offs and effectively control them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)