• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Atar scaling (Ancient history) (1 Viewer)

Ruski1

HSC
N/A
To cut the long story short, I have gotten my end of prelim report, and I am quite shocked ! For ancient history I have gotten 85% for both of my tests, and now my final mark came up as 70%, yes F*** 70 !. I don't understand how this is possible, I had been somewhat familiar with the concept of scaling, but I honestly didn't think it would scale down by 15%. How am I suppose to avoid this crap ? I worked my arse off, and I don't understand how I managed to get destroyed so hard

braintic

HSC
N/A
I would say that this is most likely an error.
Have you asked your teacher / head teacher?

It certainly has nothing to do with ATAR scaling. There is no way your History department would give such poor advertising for their subject by scaling their marks down like this. I've never heard of a school where they adjust marks in year 11 reports in order to predict results a year down the track.

SuperMike96

HSC
A raw ancient mark of 85 would scale to a band 6 in the HSC. It's either a mistake, or they scaled you in relation to your peers who may have all done much better than you?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Unless you did considerably worse in something that was weighted more than those exams, it's an error. Lucky it's prelims and not HSC, check with your teacher.

(It's happened to me before, they put in my marks wrong.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)