• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australian Defence Force undergraduate scholarship scheme.. (1 Viewer)

xoa

HSC
Hi guys, I am a second year university student in Brisbane. I've applied to join the ADF, seeking a scholarship for my remaining two years. I'm not eligible for youthallowance, no assistance from parent either. Hoping to join the Army or Air Force as a radiographer.

I've booked into J.O.E.S on the 5th of April, where I've been told will be an 8 hour day where I'll receive aptitude and medical examinations, followed by an interview with a recruiting officer. Can anyone tell me what I should expect? Are there any sample questions re: the aptitude test? Assuming I'm an average candidate, what are my chances?

The entire process of applying to the ADF is so long and convoluted, that I don't want to waste my limited time, if I don't stand a chance getting a position in the ADF. Which other employer wants to know where you went to kindergarten? The telephone staff at the ADF recruitment line weren't able to answer any of my questions about the force. They didn't even seem to have any knowledge of the rank system.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i went through that 8 hour day - you do a computer test with maths and non-verbal reasoning. they didn't tell me my score but when i said i'd done it before on their site the guy said "yeah, did it say you could apply for any job in the defence force?" or something like that. so i assume i did alright.

it was tiring, and at the end of it i realised it really wasn't for me. something about being a nurse but still having to shoot people.

xoa

HSC
Thanks guys for your advise. An ADF recruiter (from manpower) contacted me yesterday and she's given me some detailed information about JOES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)