• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

b. economics (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Exactly how much difficult maths is there in a Commerce degree majoring in Accounting and Finance? I am really interested in these majors but i'm more interested in analysing rather than actually creating statistics using complex maths formulas. I'm alright at maths (only did 2U advanced but got 91 in it), but it's not really my forte.

aditya

HSC
then u shoudlnt persue a career in finance at all... cuz finance is all about building up data that u have (statistics) and then modelling it... so lol.... accounting and marketing or accounting and economics even would be better for u... from wat uve said ofcourse.... but im not saying u couldnt cope with financ.e.. im sure u could but u just wouldnt like it is all im saying... and prolli wunt be that great at it... which would be required in finance... u have to be good.... whereas in accounting u may not :p cuz there are so many jobs ou tthere for it hahaa

Acid

HSC
But do accounting and marketing really complement each other that much?

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Acid said:
But do accounting and marketing really complement each other that much?
hey! i was thinking of doing a double major in accounting and marketing as well although i know it's totally unrelated, but i just wanted to work out what kind of a career would suit me more. if i fail to make a good marketer, i know i'd always find a job with accounting.
When i told people about accounting with marketing, they thought i was completely out of my mind but i don't care. i'll do it anyway. It's not that stupid to do these 2 majors together is it?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mushroom_head said:
hey! i was thinking of doing a double major in accounting and marketing as well although i know it's totally unrelated, but i just wanted to work out what kind of a career would suit me more. if i fail to make a good marketer, i know i'd always find a job with accounting.
When i told people about accounting with marketing, they thought i was completely out of my mind but i don't care. i'll do it anyway. It's not that stupid to do these 2 majors together is it?
Not at all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)