• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Social Science (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
im currently in year 12 and am considering doing this course at UWS because im interested in criminology. if anyone does it could you just tell me a little about it

thanks

L

LaraB

robbie1 said:
im currently in year 12 and am considering doing this course at UWS because im interested in criminology. if anyone does it could you just tell me a little about it

thanks
PM JonathanA - he does this course:)

HSC
anne he is interested in majoring in criminology not psychology stupid whore

i dont do the course but i might as well because im transferring into it next year and im doing criminology units that u would do if u were doin the course. It's interesting but some stuff is hard to understand, its pretty easy to me but it all depends on you and how good you are at critical thinking

i suggest you do some pre-uni acceptance research, just random net surfing after the HSC on:

karl marx
emile durkheim
max weber

just so you get a basic understanding of these three theorists, it'll help if you are going into social science.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:

i dont do the course but i might as well because im transferring into it next year and im doing criminology units that u would do if u were doin the course. It's interesting but some stuff is hard to understand, its pretty easy to me but it all depends on you and how good you are at critical thinking

i suggest you do some pre-uni acceptance research, just random net surfing after the HSC on:

karl marx
emile durkheim
max weber

just so you get a basic understanding of these three theorists, it'll help if you are going into social science.
cool thanks mate

L

LaraB

hiphophorray123 said:

karl marx
emile durkheim
max weber
yeh way to be so polite... there's not need for insults...

Robbie1 - don't stress about reading up before uni - you don't need to. Enjoy your break:) If you needed to know the stuff before the course started, it'd have been written up in assumed/recommended/required knowledge.

If you want actual details about what the course involves apart from some of its hard and some's easy coz that applies generically to all uni courses :rolleyes: go online and have a look at the handbook and if that info isn't really yuseful coz some courses the handbooks suck, give the student centre a call coz that's what they're there for this time of year:)

robbie1

HSC
LaraB said:
yeh way to be so polite... there's not need for insults...

Robbie1 - don't stress about reading up before uni - you don't need to. Enjoy your break:) If you needed to know the stuff before the course started, it'd have been written up in assumed/recommended/required knowledge.

If you want actual details about what the course involves apart from some of its hard and some's easy coz that applies generically to all uni courses :rolleyes: go online and have a look at the handbook and if that info isn't really yuseful coz some courses the handbooks suck, give the student centre a call coz that's what they're there for this time of year:)
thanks for the tip

im not really stressing i just dont know if its the right course for me. ive been looking at bacherlor of business (sports management) at UTS as well

im putting in my UAC preferences on friday so i need to be sure

basically im interested in crime and in sport so yeh

i need a UAI of 80 to to the course at UTS and around 66 for the course at UWS

and realistically i dont think i will get over 75

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I wouldn't listen to chris (hiphop) robbie..... he isn't doing the course....... yet.. :p
You don't need to read up on anything (unless you're a true nerd, but your just wasting your precious holidays). you learn all the basics in 1st year. its simple, just do the readings, attend lecs and tutes as much as possible and you'll be fine. and yes, im not majoring in criminology, but at this stage everyone's doing general socsci units.. no majors yet.

HSC
nah robbie dont listen to anne listen to me, she's anti-nerd so she gives bad advice

just look up those people i told for like 10 mins and just get some background info and basic understanding trust me it helps, i had a basic understanding of marx (from society and culture in HSC) and it helped me in sociology (D's and HD's....fucked the test though :mad:)

L

LaraB

yeh it may help but you don't need to.

i got plenty of D's without looking up stuff before i started and doing night before assignments...

the majority of students enjoy their break and don't waste it researching stuff that you don't need to :p

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Annegelic said:
I didn't do society and culture and still got into the course. HAHA
Of course. Your ability to get into a course is determined by your UAI, not by the courses you do (excluding courses that have assumed knowledge). He didn't say doing Society and Culture in year 12 would help get into the course, but the knowledge of the concepts and theorists learnt in the subject could provide an advantage once you begin the course work.

L

LaraB

hiphophorray123 said:
^^^ thanks hyp

yeah anne u whore
what is your problem

u made your point. get over it... people don't start calling you a whore when you're wrong .. stop being infantile

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Of course. Your ability to get into a course is determined by your UAI, not by the courses you do (excluding courses that have assumed knowledge). He didn't say doing Society and Culture in year 12 would help get into the course, but the knowledge of the concepts and theorists learnt in the subject could provide an advantage once you begin the course work.
lol oMgNoWaYy. I was kidding.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Annegelic said:
lol oMgNoWaYy. I was kidding.
I don't believe you were. And if you were, I don't see why. Using sarcasm in such a way would do nothing to prove you argument since it was irrelevant to the issue at hand. Either way, its over now.

HSC
well my crime and criminology tutorial consists of about 10 people.

but thats because its the last tutorial of the week, fri 4-6 because platform web is crappy :(

all the other tutes were full so im assuming theres more than 40 people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)