• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Benefactors (3 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Who decidedes who becomes a member of the benefactors group (oooh, it sounds a lot like an idea i had).

Because i wanna nominate a member (not myself).

are any more of these special groups gonna be made?

thanking you

~townie

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You must nominate yourself and I think it's either anti and minai or the admins who decide who can become a benefactor. As for other groups, we'll just have to see;)

J

jhakka

withoutaface said:
You must nominate yourself and I think it's either anti and minai or the admins who decide who can become a benefactor. As for other groups, we'll just have to see;)
Benefectors are chosen by Minai or anti (according to the application form), but I'd assume the admins would have a say too.

HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
what santaslayer said.

what the hell is a benefactor?
We - might - just be really special, special people...

*looks at Justin*

Or, just be somewhat proficient at throwing things at other people :)

If you go into your User CP, scroll down and click on "group memberships" there's a description of Benefactors there, plus a link to the application page.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
santaslayer said:
WTF is a benefactor?
Benefactors are those upstanding members who are true contributors - they never hesitate to provide assistance to others and are models of prudence. They exhibit qualities that harmonise with the underlying foundations of the Bored community. Membership in the group is intended to acknowledge and reward the contributions of those users by making it easy for them to continue assisting others and by providing various benefits where appropriate.

townie said:
Who decidedes who becomes a member of the benefactors group (oooh, it sounds a lot like an idea i had).
Both administrators and super moderators have the power to induct users into the Benefactors group.

Typically, this means that your application will be assessed by myself, anti or Minai.

townie said:
Because i wanna nominate a member (not myself).
You should encourage that member to make an application - they can use a statement from you as supporting material if you wish.

townie said:
are any more of these special groups gonna be made?
We don't want to give everything away. ;)

If you have something particular in mind though, we're also open to suggestions.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
besides the benefactors having qualities of a moderator, what exactly can you say about a benefactor?

or is it really level down from a moderator as is a moderator lower than a super moderator etc..?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Asquithian said:
Rather tuneful Laz. Not saying much in many words other than boosting the number of minions under you!
If all I was interested in was boosting the number of "minions" under me, Tim, I would have said that we'd accept applications from absolutely everyone.

Even you. :)

natstar said:
are benefactor those people with a bold dark blue username?
They also have the option of keeping their name the same.

redruM said:
We probably won't - notice of membership appears in their user profile instead.

^___^
HSC
jeebus
is there a chance i can find all those members without going through all the BOS member's profile?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
... said:
jeebus
is there a chance i can find all those members without going through all the BOS member's profile?
Hmm... I'll look into it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lazarus said:
We don't want to give everything away. ;)

If you have something particular in mind though, we're also open to suggestions.
well, i dunno how far u wanna take it..but like, u could have Love Gods/Godesses (who help out in L&R as oppossed to spam...)
and like, newscasters/commentators (for people in News-etc. forum), IT geeks, entertainment gurus and graduates

because some people contribute in a way that may not be school help, and this is a community (but with school at its core).

my 2 cents

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
also, is there any way to check if someone's (mine) application was rejected or pending?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Jago said:
also, is there any way to check if someone's (mine) application was rejected or pending?
The "Group Memberships" page will show your application if it is pending, and will revert to normal if it has not been successful this time.

I need to implement some kind of PM notification system for applicants.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Laz, wat should be included in a membership application?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Lazarus said:
models of prudence
Yeah! They're all fucking prudes.

Can you make a group called the 'Hell's Satans', cause I'd be a part of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)