• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best MX2 Textbook (1 Viewer)

maths lover

HSC
what is the best extension 2 textbook, in order to accelerate myself in learning the content before we start it in school next term.:haha:

Deep Blue

HSC
I would use Fitzpatrick. I myself accelerated most of the course in the summer holidays and I found it explained the concepts clearly without a teacher present and allowed me to quickly work through the content as well as providing some more difficult questions. I then revised the content using the Cambridge textbook, many would regard it as higher quality; but if you are only looking for a textbook to accelerate and pre-learn the content, I would say Fitzpatrick is the way to go. You only really need a textbook to get over the initial understand anyway and the rest you learn through past papers. I hope that helps.

hscishard

HSC
I don't know. I've only used 2 books, Cambridge and Terry Lee. Neither are good, but they're alright.
Quality of 3unit Cambridge is much higher than 4unit IMO

maths lover

HSC
alright im off to purchase the terry lee book to self teach complex numbers and graphs.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
SpiralFlex wishes you the best of luck during your 4U endeavours next year.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Terry Lee has fully worked solutions so its best in that regard.

However I found the explanations and quality of questions far better in S.K Patel's textbook, so I'd prefer the latter but if you can afford it I suggest you get both.

maths lover

HSC
Terry Lee has fully worked solutions so its best in that regard.

However I found the explanations and quality of questions far better in S.K Patel's textbook, so I'd prefer the latter but if you can afford it I suggest you get both.
omg im so confused now.

HSC
imo terry lee is horrid. at first the whole notion of worked solutions is spectacular, but then you realise it's a pretty shit book aside from that.

i found fitzy the best for most topics, bar volumes. so i'd suggest buying a couple of textbooks from vinnies or something

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Terry Lee is good, along with Cambridge. Worked solutions aren't an issue since there's pdf's of them floating everywhere for the major textbooks.

HSC
I've got hard copies of fitzy/ cambridge 4u worked solutions, which makes those books that much better

fiesycal

HSC
Terry Lee is good for everything except mechanics. Patel is alright at everything except polynomials. I never liked Cambridge 4U, it lags behind its 3 and 2unit contemporaries. Getting those three should be fine. If you can only get two, Patel and TL if only one I'd recommend TL. In the end past papers are more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)