• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

biology or business studies (1 Viewer)

moni5281

HSC
Hi everyone, as the title describes I am having a bit of a dilemma with my subject selections as I am not sure which one to choose!

My subjects so far:
English Advanced
Maths + ext 1
Chemistry
Economics
IT
Bio/Business??

I am a very maths based person, and although I find science interesting, I am not that into plant bio... business seems interesting as well but i'm not sure if it will overlap with economics??? Is business studies very essay based and is it hard?
Also which one scales better? Any thoughts on what I should choose?

HSC
Firstly, both Business Studies and Biology have a considerably large amount of content (How do I know this? I do both of them). Business Studies is a relatively easy subject, however, there is a lot of boring, and often, repetitious work. If you're willing to put in effort you can achieve good marks.

Biology is an interesting subject which also requires a lot of work to achieve good marks. Personally, I would choose biology, but that's just me. You should take into account:
1. Who will be teaching the course (some teachers may have a consistently bad reputation)
2. Your personal interests (if you find an interest in Business Studies, then choose Business, but if you have an interest in bio, then choose bio)

I wouldn't worry too much about the scaling, but there are resources on 'Matrix' (the tutoring place).

I hope I have been helpful! :D :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)