• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Brains/Personality or Brawn/Looks? (2 Viewers)

What is important? Brains/Personality vs Brawn/Looks

• Total voters

anarchron

HSC
So what influences our decision these days? Is it more materialistic in the form of looks or is it deeper and more metaphysical in the form of brains or personality?

Please feel free to post the rational of your decision.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The originality of this thread renders me speachless.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
^ this thread is over. Nothing more to be said.

Edit: referring to jumb

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Someone with no (or a really crap) personality is nothing to me, even if they were mind-boggingly hot.

But... he can't be unbearable to look at - this is what's left of my shallowness. :rolleyes:

I can totally fall in love with someone based on their personality (it's happened before), but with someone who's just hot and nothing else, the most I'll go is imagine them without clothes. :D

Appearance is objective anyway. If someone's only average looking, but has a great personality, then after getting to know them, I'll find them gorgeous.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
jumb said:
The originality of this thread renders me speachless.
Give the kid a break, he's new. *points to post count*

I'm feeling unusually kind tonight.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Someone with no (or a really crap) personality is nothing to me, even if they were mind-boggingly hot.

But... he can't be unbearable to look at - this is what's left of my shallowness. :rolleyes:

I can totally fall in love with someone based on their personality (it's happened before), but with someone who's just hot and nothing else, the most I'll go is imagine them without clothes. :D

Appearance is objective anyway. If someone's only average looking, but has a great personality, then after getting to know them, I'll find them gorgeous.
That's one nice fence-sitting rabble there, Dreamerish.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
anarchron said:
Alas, due to the limitations of internet communication, I'm unable to discern sincerity from sarcasm.
I shall be blunt: That post is infested with sarcasm.

kaylz

HSC
You need a disclaimer jumb. For the n00bs.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
iam going to go with looks simply because i aint exactly looking to get married just yet. 10yrs or so and i will look for someone that i will do better with in the long run. looks can be very satisfying. to be realistic though a relationship without personality wont work, they need atleast a half decent personality or average personality otherwise its a problem...

different people have different opinions about personality though... most people think exstroverts have good personalities but i dont like that, i find them annoying and i would prefer someone who enjoys r eading a good book as apposed to partying hard all night at a concert. most people consider introverts to have bad personalities so i say i prefer looks over personality, but to me introverts have the better personality... so if people were to look at me when iam with a hot introvert they would think i just go for looks... but really i just dont like extroverts.

given the option between someone who is generally considered to have a good personality and average looks, or someone who is generally considered to have good looks and an average personality i would go with the looker anyday.
i see personality becoming more of a key decider the older i get and the more i look for serious comitted relationships.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
Serius said:
iam going to go with looks simply because i aint exactly looking to get married just yet. 10yrs or so and i will look for someone that i will do better with in the long run. looks can be very satisfying. to be realistic though a relationship without personality wont work, they need atleast a half decent personality or average personality otherwise its a problem...

different people have different opinions about personality though... most people think exstroverts have good personalities but i dont like that, i find them annoying and i would prefer someone who enjoys r eading a good book as apposed to partying hard all night at a concert. most people consider introverts to have bad personalities so i say i prefer looks over personality, but to me introverts have the better personality... so if people were to look at me when iam with a hot introvert they would think i just go for looks... but really i just dont like extroverts.

given the option between someone who is generally considered to have a good personality and average looks, or someone who is generally considered to have good looks and an average personality i would go with the looker anyday.
i see personality becoming more of a key decider the older i get and the more i look for serious comitted relationships.
you realise that extroverts can read, and introverts can like concerts, right?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
waterbottle said:
you realise that extroverts can read, and introverts can like concerts, right?
Breaking stereotypes is paradoxial to some.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Komaticom said:
It's not so much that looks will deteriorate over time, it's more regarding the fact that if you in a long-term relationship with someone who's a cute dumbass, over time the fact that they're pretty will be overshadowed by their incompetence in making interesting and worthwhile interactions with you (conversations, discussing relationship/financial problems, general relationship bumps).
Besides, looking at a pretty face for long periods of time makes you get used to its appearance, and soon you'll be numb and won't be remarking "oh man s/he's hawt" as often -if at all- compared to when you first met.
I have no idea why, but "cute dumbss" makes me laugh..

It's weird how ugly people seem less ugly over time and hot people seem less hot over time...

I enjoy looking at hotness. But i can look at it elsewhere...

I prefer the company of people who have a personality...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
miss_b said:
It's weird how ugly people seem less ugly over time and hot people seem less hot over time...
isnt that cos then u either keep re-evaluating them... but its relative to the first impression...?

lik if they are ugly.. ud be lik.. unappealing.. then u realise they have personality so they become .. slightly better.. unlike a person that knos they are quality and are completely arrogant about it

or

its just tat u notice the paradox
.... and when an ugly person isnt talking to u or a complete jerk.. u dun change ure opinion of it.. and hence dun remember.. its lik some card tricks...
if u actualli do the numbers.. its just tat u decided to remember the noticable ones.. :)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
isnt that cos then u either keep re-evaluating them... but its relative to the first impression...?

lik if they are ugly.. ud be lik.. unappealing.. then u realise they have personality so they become .. slightly better.. unlike a person that knos they are quality and are completely arrogant about it

or

its just tat u notice the paradox
.... and when an ugly person isnt talking to u or a complete jerk.. u dun change ure opinion of it.. and hence dun remember.. its lik some card tricks...
if u actualli do the numbers.. its just tat u decided to remember the noticable ones.. :)
I think it's just that i get used to their faces...

I like the simple answer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)