• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Brains/Personality or Brawn/Looks? (3 Viewers)

What is important? Brains/Personality vs Brawn/Looks

• Total voters

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
simply desensitisation.. :)

i dunno some pretty faces i look at all day :D

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
waterbottle said:
you realise that extroverts can read, and introverts can like concerts, right?
yes i do realise that, it was just a sad attempt to show the differences in personality... like extroverts are all loud and happy about everything and they actively try and make friends... it jus tends to kinda annoy me when these kind of people are around... like it seems unrealistic to be so happy about life considering all its problems, not saying we should all be depressed about life and hate it or anything, but be a little more realistic than singing about sunshine and roses and how wonderful life is.

i prefer quiet people... i guess i am myself a bit of an introvert and yeah i shoulda realised i do go to conserts and extroverts i know can read :rolleyes: . It just seems that people like myself as intoverts tend to have a greater capacity to keep quiet, to enjoy quiet unsocial things like reading a good book all day, and they dont usually me all loud and overly happy around me.

what Komaticom said is right, looks do fade over time, but they are a good novelty in the begining. what i was trying to get at is that we are all young and out to have fun with life... not all of us are looking to the future and trying to find someone with a perfect personality so that we can live with them for a long time.
iam sure when i am ready to take life seirously and settle down, get married, have kids- then i will be more inclined to personality BUT i will still find looks important.

its all well and good to say the lookers get over shadowed but their stupidity and that people with good personalities stay interesting....but you are taking a dumb/no personality good looking person and a good personality person with average looks.

to be fair we have to have an average inteligence and personality good looker, and an average looks personality person.

now in this case an average personality does me just find, i dont need a super personality person who thinks everything aboutthe world is just great. average personality does me just fine, in fact so does average looks, but i would prefer better looks over a better personality, especially in short term relationships

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Qualities i want in a girl;

Whats on the inside counts the most; a girl with a great personality, brains, a sense of humor is what i want. If she is prettty and has good looks, i just consider that a bonus :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
for what?
for a relationship?
or for you forging an attraction to a person?

babydoll~*

HSC
INXS said:
Qualities i want in a girl;

Whats on the inside counts the most; a girl with a great personality, brains, a sense of humor is what i want. If she is prettty and has good looks, i just consider that a bonus :)
awww (Y)
if only all had that mindset lols

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
babydoll~* said:
awww (Y)
if only all had that mindset lols
Many do. :) My guy does. :)

About that "percieved hotness and ugliness decreases with time"... :rolleyes: That's very true, except when the guy/girl is both beautiful and clever. Then, they start off being hot, and just get hotter and hotter... :D

And then there's the other end of the scale, if they're fugly, and an absolute prick... well, you probably wouldn't really approach them in the first place. :rolleyes:

hipPo3

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
About that "percieved hotness and ugliness decreases with time"... :rolleyes: That's very true, except when the guy/girl is both beautiful and clever. Then, they start off being hot, and just get hotter and hotter... :D
is that u ? ;)
that would be a prize in a prize for a girl to have both attributes .. 0o0o the niftyness

carpediem

HSC
The first thing i realise in a girl is looks, after that i find out about their personality/intelligence. If a girl that i think is hot but has no brains at all, she doesn't seem as hot as before. A girl that i think isn't really hot and turns out to have a good personality and smart at the same time.. after a while they seem to get hotter.

But i have to say the most important to me is personality cause it doesn't matter if they're uber hot and even ultra smart if they have a bad personality (like bitch about people) and that i get turned off straight away.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
OMG, I gave up trying to explain that concept to people yonks ago. They never believe me!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
OMG, I gave up trying to explain that concept to people yonks ago. They never believe me!
I feel your pain. :(
hipPo3 said:
is that u ? ;)
that would be a prize in a prize for a girl to have both attributes .. 0o0o the niftyness
Shame on you hipPo3! :eek: You voted for the looks!

Last edited:

hipPo3

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Shame on you hipPo3! :eek: You voted for the looks!
How did u know ?!?!?!? :eek:
awww .. im s0o0 blushing
what can i say .. im young and have yet many years ahead to wait for a girl equal to the vast supperior intellect that of my own

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I voted looks, because I don't want to be one of those cliche ugly people that rave on about how personality is more important.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
jumb said:
I voted looks, because I don't want to be one of those cliche ugly people that rave on about how personality is more important.
Are you implying something? Who am I kidding... :(
Emma-Jayde said:
"OMG like, he is like sooo hot, I would like, sooo do him like right now!"

Do you get that from people occasionally?
Ummm, hello, sure he's gorgeous but he can't string more than 3 words together!
Or "at least she's hot". :rolleyes: I suppose if you just want sex, brains don't really matter.
hipPo3 said:
How did u know ?!?!?!? :eek:
"Be adviced that this is a public poll"... ;)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Before you even get to know the person, do you think there must be that initial attraction in the other persons looks?

wanton-wonton

HSC
INXS said:
Before you even get to know the person, do you think there must be that initial attraction in the other persons looks?
Not necessarily. You may begin to "like/love (whichever you please)" the person afterwards without that initial attraction.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If you're not attracted to them physically, then there's no point being with them.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
INXS said:
Of course. But then there are times when you're initially attracted to their personality. It works both ways, but leans a lot more towards the looks part...

When a person has no personality and good looks, their physical beauty follows the graph of y = e-x.

When a person has no looks but a good personality, their physical beauty follows y = x.

When a person has both looks and personality, their physical beauty follows y = 105 + ex.

(Shut up.)

When a person has neither looks nor personality... walk away from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)