• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Business Studies Help! (1 Viewer)

jakster18

Premium Member
HSC
Can someone plz explain the contribution of various activities in the value chain to the quality of the output? I hav to do a report on it and I was wondering if anybody could help me.

Thanx

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
There are five processes of the value chain, inbound logitics, operation, outbound logistics, sales and service.

Inbound Logistics
-Your planning of how to make, distribute a product is vital to keep the production on budget and on time for delivery. You also need to correctly estimate the resources needed to produce that particular product. The order of raw material also needs to be monitored and make sure that you dont have a surplus of raw material.

Operations
-The product is being produced by the company from raw material. Quality control is vital in this step. The product needs to be tested and monitor to make sure it's up to standards.

Outbound Logistics
-This is where a company store and deliver the product. Prodcuts needs to be monitored during the ditribution process to ensure it does not decrease in quality.

Sales
-THis is when a product is marketed, the products needs to attract the attention of consumers. Advertising is the key to get the message through to consumers and attract them to buy the product.

Serivce
-This is concerned with the after-service of a product. It shows to the consumer "quality" in terms of the products guarantees and warranties. How customer complains and enquires are handled also effects the quality of the product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)