• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can I fix this problem?? (1 Viewer)

fullysikwog

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone know if I can still do a course after my HSC to get a higher level of maths? I am doing General maths in year 11 this year, and for the job i ant to do, they want higher level than just general maths. They do make exceptions, but I really want to increase my chances of getting this job.

Thanks to anyone who is reading this.

umz93

HSC
I think you are too far in y11 to go to advance maths, so you're gonna have to do general maths for your hsc. Is this a future job or current job that you are looking at? Because you can always do a bridging course at uni :)

clry

HSC
I think you are too far in y11 to go to advance maths, so you're gonna have to do general maths for your hsc. Is this a future job or current job that you are looking at? Because you can always do a bridging course at uni :)
Not true - if you work your butt off to catch up with the content you missed out on, i.e. you're a gun at maths, they'd probably let you pick up 2U. If it's what you really want and you're prepared to work, have a sit down with your maths head teacher, see what they suggest.
Failing that, try get the bridging course, but like you said - if you did 2U mathematics, it would increase your chances.

funnytomato

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone know if I can still do a course after my HSC to get a higher level of maths? I am doing General maths in year 11 this year, and for the job i ant to do, they want higher level than just general maths. They do make exceptions, but I really want to increase my chances of getting this job.

Thanks to anyone who is reading this.
if you dislike or you're not confident with maths, why would you be interested in a job which "want higher level (of maths)"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)