• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can i still get a band 6 in maths? (1 Viewer)

Blob Burger

HSC
Hello

I screwed up my last exam by just passing (worth 20%), my rank before that was 66/128

not sure how much ive dropped, but the next exam is worth 40% , if I manage to do really well in that and hopefully hsc, can I still get a band 6 in maths? (my school is ranked somewhere in the 60's and usually top 50 receive a band 6 in maths :p )

p.s I recently dropped ext 1 maths so I have 238461979 extra hours to put towards 2U

any response will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
:cool:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm 100% sure that we go to the same school and I'm pretty sure the rank should be out of 158 students unless 30 people have dropped since our half-yearly report?

I'm not going to lie when I say that it was an unusually difficult exam even for a 3 unit student such as myself

A band 6 is definitely possible if you put in the hard work so don't give up!

Good luck!

(Click on my username and press private message if you want to talk more about this)

Blob Burger

HSC
thanks for the optimism/hope!
and yeah my bad, it is out of 158 :p

danpowell

HSC
A band 6 is going to be a challenge I would say that generally a student within the top 15 - 25should get a band 6 at a school ranked 60. If you rek the 40% and do well in hsc you have a great chance of getting a band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)