• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Change from 2u to 3u (1 Viewer)

Tha1

HSC
Hey new to this place i was just wondering whether the change from 2u unit math to 3u math is advisable between the transition of year 11 to year 12. I have been getting relatively high marks in 2u and only coming behind the top students in 3u. So basically is the transition worth it? Does 3u scale just that little bit higher where i can get a lower mark in the 3u test than i would of in 2u and still get a higher ATAR

Oh and just a quick question does anyone know any great one on one tudors who can be paid under $40p/h

Thank_You

HSC
I've never seen anyone go from 2u to 3u from year 11 to year 12. I don't know, wouldn't you be a bit behind, cos you need the stuff from year 11 3u ?

HSC
Hey new to this place i was just wondering whether the change from 2u unit math to 3u math is advisable between the transition of year 11 to year 12. I have been getting relatively high marks in 2u and only coming behind the top students in 3u. So basically is the transition worth it? Does 3u scale just that little bit higher where i can get a lower mark in the 3u test than i would of in 2u and still get a higher ATAR

Oh and just a quick question does anyone know any great one on one tudors who can be paid under $40p/h
I don't think you can pick up extension 1 maths in year 12

photastic

HSC
3u scales much higher than 2u if you do equally well. However, upgrading right near the end of yr 11 is extremely difficult and unless you self-studied or got tutored 3u, this is something I would not recommend not even to the 1st "2u" student. Why didn't attempt 3u at the beginning of the course?

And yes, like above said, you cannot pick up 3u for yr 12

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
At the end of the day you can't go up ^, there's only one way and that's v. Even if you found the content easy in your current class, you made the decision to study that level of mathematics.

HSC
At the end of the day you can't go up ^, there's only one way and that's v. Even if you found the content easy in your current class, you made the decision to study that level of mathematics.
Exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)