• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cheating in HSC exam (2 Viewers)

T

Troy2287

Ok, I've been think about this, not because I want to cheat, but because of the fairness. What is to stop someone going into their english exam with a small note in their pocket containing the ideas/techniques for their texts? Ok, they can't read it while doing the exam because their supervised. BUT, why can't they simply go to the toilets, and sneak a look at it there?

This must be done by heaps of people...Annoys me to be honest.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Yeah, its so easy to do something like that. The pockets of my school blazer are perfect for stashing notes. Or I could hide them in my skirt, if I was desparate.

Well if a cheater doesn't get caught, then their bad karma will come back to haunt them. It always will.

white ferret

HSC
nothing. but i guess if theyre accused and made to reveal the contents of their pockets...?
i guess that's why for the trials, they made us record the times when we went to the toilet, and when we got back.
if you're taking 5 minutes in there, or take many toilet breaks, it would get suss.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Girls have the advantage here. They can write it on their legs under their skirts, and lift it up to see. It will be awkward for supervisors to request that the girl undresses.

T

Troy2287

If it was planned so that the student only took 1 break per exam (which is all they need) I think they could easily pull it off. If you fear having you're pockets pulled out, theres always the underwear..I'm sure they can't get you naked.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
If someone cheats and gets away with it, did they ever really cheat at all

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
risole91 said:
If someone cheats and gets away with it, did they ever really cheat at all
If a tree fell in the middle of a forest, and no-one was around to hear the sound it made, did it make a sound at all?

... Sorry. I couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
minijumbuk said:
Girls have the advantage here. They can write it on their legs under their skirts, and lift it up to see.
Yeah, because that's being surreptitious. :rolleyes:

Squeenie said:
Well if a cheater doesn't get caught, then their bad karma will come back to haunt them. It always will.
Always? Do you honestly believe that?

Yeah okay, cheating is irritating for those of us who do the exam without resorting to cheating.
And?
All you can do is tattle if you see someone cheating. But most people don't even do that. So what's complaining about it going to do?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
No matter what, you're always going to have people cheating in exams. Just like there will always be horrible people. I guess its just something that we just have to put up with.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Don't cheat

Take Marion Jones for example

7 years of lying... 7 years of guilt that haunted her.

Even Riccardo Ricco, took EPO and hoped to 'free ride' the system...

Don't let it be you...its not worth the risk.

conics2008

HSC
squeenie said:
Yeah, its so easy to do something like that. The pockets of my school blazer are perfect for stashing notes. Or I could hide them in my skirt, if I was desparate.

I see you have experience !!!

The BoS are on their way xD

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I once had a tissue in my shirt pocket during an exam, and someone thought it was notes or something. That was quite awkward...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)