• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

chemistry assessment task confusion (1 Viewer)

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I dont understand what I am suppose to do here: "effectively justify appropriate criteria used to evaluate the alloys" or "provide a justification of the criteria used to evaluate the alloys."
Help

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Evaluate
Make a judgement based on criteria; determine the value of

Justify
Support an argument or conclusion

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I understand that I need to provide a judgement and give a reason to support my judgement. However, I dont know what im suppose to talk about.. (information) can you give me an example on what im suppose to write?

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I think it means to make an evaluation of how the criteria relates to everyday life or how this criteria is demonstrated the trends of the periodic table. For example, metals such as gold and zinc are used in jewellery and are found in the transitional metals section of the periodic table. I hope this helps :)

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you sure this is the complete questions? There seems to be a part missing from the question-i.e. are you evaluating alloy's chemical properties or physical properties? I think you should ask your teacher to clarify what exactly are you expected to evaluate. Besides this, if a criteria is not given, start to make one up-i.e. based on electrical and heat conductivity, cost of production/abundance on Earth, chemical reactivity, any particular chemical or physical property... i.e. different types of steel is differentiated by the different amounts of impurities, usually predominantly carbon that is added to iron which changes the physical property of the particular type of steel. Hope this helps. Any word limit you may have been provided might also give you an idea on how much you are supposed to write.

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Thank you guys! Helped me a lot but I'll just ask my teacher today to see what exactly I need to include :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)