• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Choosing electives (1 Viewer)

kim3478

HSC
So I was thinking of doing B Psychology at UWS Bankstown. And they have the recommended sequence and stuff, for example -
Course
For the first and second year though, you have to choose electives. What exactly are they? Like, what can I choose?
If someone could explain that would be great 'cause I have no idea really... =/

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
An open elective can be any unit, as long as you fulfill the prerequisites for that unit.

I chose units from the School of Social Sciences and School of Humanities and Languages for my first year electives, so they do not need to be School of Psychology ones. Of course, you can do psych ones, but be aware that most are level 200 or 300, and require you to finish first year psych subjects before undertaking them.

The prescribed pool units in 3rd year must be psychology electives.

Hope that helps :)

P.S. The Psychology degree is being updated in 2010, so the sequence and the subjects may change.

kim3478

HSC
Ahh okay, that's cool then lol. And thanks :p
The only thing is is that I don't really know how to find some.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Ahh okay, that's cool then lol. And thanks :p
The only thing is is that I don't really know how to find some.
You can choose any subjects you like, even if it's random. I had a friend doing Medical Science who did Design electives.

To search for electives: Timetable Information

Click on the session you want, then the schools that you may be interested in studying in. A list will come up, narrow this down by selecting the campus you want. Then browse through the list...click on the number for timetabling info and copy and paste the unit number into here: Unit Search to read about the subject and make sure you meet prerequisites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)