• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

clarification on some informations. (1 Viewer)

freshleaf91

HSC
l know that this has nothing to do with the forum but l need some clarification as a first year. in the first year l failed a core unit, l was planning to do it in my second year, but just recieved some information that l can't pass the first year because l failed a core unit, resulting in me having to repeat the same year again.

IS THIS TRUE OR CAN L PASS MY FIRST YEAR DESPITE MY FAILURE, AND REPEAT THE CORE UNIT IN MY 2ND YEAR.​

I Study Hard

HSC
Helpful information would be mentioning what course you are doing and why you need to "pass your first year"?
As far as I know you either pass or fail a unit, there is no pass or fail for a year, just an award of you degree once you complete all the requirements?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
you pass or fail units, they cant make you repeat the entire year if you simply fail one...even if it is a core.
shitloads of people at my uni failed their core units last sem, and they just have to repeat it at a later stage, you wouldnt have to repeat the entire year..
whoever told you that is complete mental (in that case prob a quarter of the uni will have to repeat uni years!!!)
as I study hard said...you get an "award of your degree once you complete all the requirements"
hope this helps :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The only problem might be that you can't actually start any 2nd year courses until you pass that core 1st year unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)