• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Clubs at University (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

You hear so much about the clubs and societies at USYD, but not so much about the type of clubs etc that the other universities offer. So I'm just curious what the other universities like UNSW, UTS, Macquarie and UWS have to offer.

Thanks.

hyperbole.

Amryllis

HSC
UNSW has a range of clubs and societies relating to sports, faculties, gaming, music, leisure, languages, religious, cultures and lots of other random ones e.g. Chocolate Society. Joining these things is good, it gives you something other than uni work to do at uni. I'm part of the Anime club and the volleyball club ^_^

Amryllis

HSC
They have lots of different types of dance classes that you can enrol in at UNSW through the Sports Association e.g. ballroom dancing, Latin, jazz, funk, ballet, belly dancing and even cheerleading. You can do heaps of other classes like yoga or tai chi, plus sports classes.

Amryllis

HSC
If the UNSW Sports Association recreational dance classes are on at the same time as this year, ballroom dancing should be on Friday 6:00-7:30pm.

I did the jazz dance classes through Sports Association and they were really good! The choreography was fantastic and the instructor teaches at a good pace (for me anyway, I'd done some dancing before that). You do a different routine each week (one class per week).

Check out: http://www.sport.unsw.edu.au/rec_courses.dance.htm

You can also do jazz dance classes at the UniGym. The instructor there sometimes makes weird dance moves that makes most people look stupid. The gym classes run through the same dance routine for 2 weeks and then change routines. The first class of a new routine tends to be a reasonable pace ( sometimes) and then it gets quite fast.

Check out: http://www.unigym.unsw.edu.au/fitness/info.htm ( under "Jazz Dance" towards the bottom of the page)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)