• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Course transfer (1 Viewer)

dude01

HSC
For anyone who has changed courses through the guaranteed internal course transfer scheme - how long did the whole process take?

I'm worried they may make me wait until next year to start my new course, however this doesn't make sense - what about all those other 1st year students applying to transfer this way? It only makes sense that mid year transfers (just after exam results) should be accepted, or else all these people with the aim to get into their desired course will be left wasting 6 months?

I'm going to miss out on the tutorial registration for my new course (however I'm still registering units for my current course, in case) and I've called the administrations office and they told me they are still processing my forms - and don't even know if I can start this semester for sure or not.

Fucken hell, why is the process so long. It doesn't seem that complicated.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Big deal, you are going to miss out on tute rego. Just turn up to whatever tute suits you, they really don't care. What about all those people who change subjects after the first week of uni? They miss out on tute rego too.

Look, if you don't get into the course, just drop some subjects from your old course, and pick up some subjects from the course that you want to transfer to. Then your not "wasting" a semester.

Plus, you have until the hecs census date august sometime, before your subjects are finalised. So quit complaining. Admin takes ages because theres so many forms and so many people transfering.

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
im a second yr science student at campbelltown and i had to change courses just recently, it took longer than expected but i went to see the ladies at the student centre and they told me to fill out a rule waiver form, get it signed and bring it back to them and they would waive the rules basically and they did and therefore i was put into the units i had to be in. so my advice is go to the student centre and ask them for help,,, they dont bite...
i hope this helps

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Also keep checking platform web and SR for an enrolment button saying you got accepted. It could be that your offer letter got lost in the mail. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)