• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

creative writing practise questions (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
arrgh! who thought find practise questions for belonging could be so hard!
well i figure i could save everyone the trouble post a couple, feel free to add to the list

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Choose one of the following stimulus to develop into a short story

• [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]All he wanted was to belong…
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]It was a uniform. She stared
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]He was tired of being told he had to belong

2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]use of the quotations below as an idea for piece of writing about belonging

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT]the fashion industry appeals our desperate desire to belong
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]immigrants to new countries never really belong- and often, neither do their off spring
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]our self esteem id the highest when we fell we belong
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]some people will do almost anything to be accepted by the group while others don’t even try

3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] use of the quotations below as an idea for piece of writing about belonging

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT]No matter where she goes the crowd will follow her…
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Despite where I have been, it is my future that I look forward to, now that I have found this new land of prosperity
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]If only I could have blonde hair and blue eyes….life would be perfect…
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Why do I feel so alienated? I want to conform but…

4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]‘The desire to belong can lead to unexpected pitfalls’
Use this statement as the basis for a piece of writing suitable for a student magazine titled belonging. You may write in any form you choose

5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Imagine you are a person who has experienced belonging in a significant and surprising way.
Write a thoughtful and engaging article for Connections, a magazine for young people, in which you reflect your experience and pass on some of the valuable insights you have gained through the experience.

6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT](from arkie)use of the quotations below as an idea for piece of writing about belonging

• [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I never felt so alone....
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]It started out as a joke.....
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]As the plane descended over the city, i was glad to be home....

7. ‘belonging is an essential to a person’s understanding of themselves’ use this statement as the basis for a piece of writing

8. A selection of students’ imaginative writing will be included in a HSC edition of a CD ROM called ‘belonging’
Compose a piece of writing to contribute to one of these sections:
  • Belonging with friends
  • Belonging in the family
  • Choosing not to belong

9. ‘Since I can remember I have always felt I belonged in the house where I grew in as a child. I remembered it fondly…’
Use this text as the opening for a piece of writing that explores the concept of belonging. Write in any form appropriate to your purpose.

i have a few visual ones from school assessments etc which i'll post once i scan them:)

apologies for all the libraries(esp tafe) for ransacking all your belonging books

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)