• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative Writing (2 Viewers)

princesskt

HSC
I've been looking into this uni and it has really caught my eye and all. thing is, im wondering if anyone has done-

Bachelor of Creative Industries (communication design)
Bachelor of Creative Industries (creative writing)
Bachelor of Journalism

and like can u tell me bit bout the course, if its worth doing, wat the uni's like etc..

Thanks! :)

xoa

HSC
princesskt said:
I've been looking into this uni and it has really caught my eye and all. thing is, im wondering if anyone has done-

Bachelor of Creative Industries (communication design)
Bachelor of Creative Industries (creative writing)
Bachelor of Journalism

and like can u tell me bit bout the course, if its worth doing, wat the uni's like etc..

Thanks! :)
I've studied none of those.

QUT operates its own news program which is aired on the Bris31 network. The best journalism (academically and aesthetically!) students are offered experience there. But there is no guarantee. You need an entry rank of 92 to study journalism, the other majors you mention are not as demanding.

QUT has reported how the creative industries faculty performed in 2005. You can read it, they seem very honest and specific and admit the bad along with the good: http://www.appu.qut.edu.au/coursedev/course_qa/fapr_archive/ci_fapr_05.pdf

nys-j

HSC
lmao took me a while to realise who it was!!! HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :p
well this is an old thread ... but theres been a whole 3 threads in here so its ok.
I like QUT, have been there 6 months, go to GP campus though, n creative industries is at KG. Been to KG a few times, and i think it looks really nice :p well, its nicely spaced out, gardens, nice new modern buildings (but comfortable not weird new freaky architecture lol)
I like GP cause its quite a small campus, can walk from one side to the other in a few minutes and its not massive hills or anything (like UQ) so its quite easy to get around.
As for the courses themselves, i wouldnt have a clue lol. but come here anyway :D
they have open days in term 3 i think, on a saturday of a random weeekend, the website tells u all about it - closer to the dates.
www.qut.edu.au
http://www.qut.edu.au/study/futurestud.jsp gives info about the courses n stuff.
They have talks about each course and what it is and why you should pick it, so if yo uahve no idea about it they're worth going to, but if you've read up on it a bit they're really quite boring. lol.
Downside to QUT is no on-campus accomodation. upside is u can live in my college !!! :p

princesskt

HSC
woot! hehe. well if i go there, you and me will keep this um.. thing on QUT alive!!! lol. yea ive found dates for campus tours.. i so hope i can go! argh.. lol.

xx_bec_xx

HSC
I've had my eye on the creative writing course for a while. I'm hoping that by the time I get there, its still available. Not available, but I can be accepted. The current acceptance OP is 11 and above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)