• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Criminal Justice Issue or not? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
i was just wondering if "extradition" was a criminal justice issue??

and if anyone remmebers that recent case of an australia being extradited... i forget the name, place etc....

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
well... aftr like... no replies... i have found out the answer... so no need to talk about it anymore :)

what are some of the Criminal justice issues u guys have studied?

our school looked at Children & majority verdicts... but for my half yrly im gonnna write about extradition... with the recent case in Norfolk Island.... so should b interesting.... :)

anyone know some of the "possible questions" asked about a Criminal Justice Issue in half yrlies????

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Our HSC paper had Juvenille justice ick

Generally it would be along the lines of:
'Evaluate the effectiveness of the criminal justice system for individuals (or society, or both) making reference to a current criminal justice issue you have studied'

Thats pretty much all I got during year 12, they should be general because everyone does different issues and its usually about the effectiveness, however take a look in the legal resource section and see what you can find... Good luck :D

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thankz melsc :)

our teacher actualli gave us abit of revision... and he wrote this:

Prepare a summary of ONE current criminal Justice issue.
- Define the issue
- State the main legal issues involved and
- Be prepared to evaluate the effectiveness of legal measures in addressing the
issue

ay mel... what would be some legal measures for addressing "extradition"?? dunt go into detail... just something basic....

and for the Crime stimulus... he goes:
- You need to know as much of the Criminal Justive Process and you need to be able to evaluate the Criminal Justice System..

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Probably a bit late now, but a good case to assisst with "extradition" would be the one happening at the moment

Gordon Wood - found in England. Just been declared he will be extradited and face murder charges for the killing of his girlfriend; some model chick whom it is alledged he threw over a cliff.

The end.

=]

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh that case would have been actualli realli good... as the murder was in 1995 if im correct.. and its takin like 11 years to find the person etc... but he accpets the extradition... i reckon he knows his innocent.. jus wants to visit australia again :p jkz.... yeh that would have been an interesting one... but i made comments about the norfolk island one... and a "brief" mention about christopher skase, how we didnt have an extradition treaty at that time... etc.. bullshit about effectiveness due to the principle of state sovereignty....

considering we got two case studies in school... majority verdicts and children... i didnt choose em... so i hope my response adds some fuckn freshness to their marking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)