• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Crysis system requirements (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I've heard about crysis being a 'graphics hog' and about some instances where ppl cant run it on highest settings, even with dual 8800gt's.

What graphical settings do crysis players play on? Can anyone run it on max settings? If u can, whats ur rig?

I'm getting a laptop soon, Asus m51sn, 2.6GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 gigs ram, nvidia 9600m gs 512mb, vista os, and according to figures on crysis recommended specs that ive read on the net, i should be able to run it on highest settings without lag.

What does everyone else think?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AFAIK, the game can't run 'smoothly' on any rig at the moment, its about a generation ahead of hardware or very unoptimised (depending on who you talk to).

Having said that, it still looks great on the medium-high settings.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What's the highest specs i'd be able to run it without any lag?
Also, i assume that if i can run crysis somewhere between medium and high, then i'll be able to run ut3, cod4, nfs prostreet, timeshift all on max without fuss.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
the graphics are, to an extent, unoptomized. There are several config tweaks by the people at http://www.incrysis.com/forum
be sure to check it out, people replicate ultra high settings without the lag that you get in it.

Your laptop would be able to run it on med-high. I have a 8500GT (overclocked), E6420 @ 2.13ghz, 2gb ram, and i can run it on custom medium settings @ 800x600 with playable frame rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)