• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cuban missile crisis resources (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
i am doing my assessment task for the Cuban Missile Crisis. I have two questions and having trouble with the second one. it is what were the long and short term repercussions for US-Soviet relations of the crisis that developed around Cuba 1959-1962? I am having troubles finding any information about it at all and i was wondering if anyone had any sorces they were willing to share.. i know there was the communication system set up betweent the two. i also know it improved but i don't any clue of the rest.. thank you so much for your help.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
ask your parents
i asked my dad all about the cuban missile crisis, he knew heaps cause they lived through it
he said it was one of the scariest moments in his life.
we don't actually fully appreiciate it, but the world was on the brink of a nuclear war.

know_it_all

you cud probably make mention of the 'trade-off' deal with the jupiter missiles in turkey..
its not really acknowledged in the syllabus, but some of the hist ext resources in the JFK elective make mention of it
..Seymour Hersh in particular

jst remember that it was wat many have described as the turning pt of the CW
-it raised USSR's image as“an equal to the US in a CW that would continue for another 3 decades” (Gaddis)
-influenced Johnson and Nixon to expand in Vietnam war

hope that helps a lil :p

angel_fire

HSC
thank you so much for your help. Yeah it did help. my parents didn't know much about it, but thanks for the suggestion anyways.
thank you

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
If you are looking for a sort of timeline and understanding of the events that happened during the Cubian Missile Crisis and some basic information of how it affected the two parties there is actually a movie on it called Thirteen Days and stars Kevin Costner

Granted its from a US perspective but i found it really helpful because it just seems like there is alot happening and it can be hard to place.

Our history teacher actually recommended it as it is fairly historically accurate - you wouldn't use it in an essay but it gives u an idea of what happens.

Other then that there are some good histories out there - one by Fitzgerald on the Cold War (excelent book) another by a historian called Gill.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)