• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

cure for dandruff (2 Viewers)

yennie B

HSC
guys have any cure dandruff besides useless shampoo like head and shoulders?

so dandruff is caused by dry scalp. so what if one does not wash their hair WITHOUT shampoo for 6 weeks? would it work? the hair will become oily but thats what your scalp needs doesnt it?

any better methods you guys recommend? or shamppoo?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
go to a doctor

[comment]you disgusting freak[/comment]

rozymisty

HSC
apparently get some conditioner that has moisturiser in it, as lack of moisture leads to dandruff apparently. GO and talk to your doctor about it too.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
Its a myth I think but you put olive oil in your hair, leave it in for 10 or so mins, practically comb the dandruff out then wash

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think there is a cure for it, only treatment. Try a different anti-dandruff shampoo there are heaps out there. Otherwise see a dermatologist they might be able to suggest stronger shampoos that control the dandruff better. My dermatologist sorted out my psoriasis, and now I only have to use the shampoo and/or cream every 2nd/3rd day and use normal shampoo every day.

rozymisty

HSC
Not washing your hair is only going to make things a LOT worse! Try using either Sunsilk anti-dandruff shampoo and conditoner, or Head and SHoulders antidandruff shampoo and conditioner.

The best one to work apparently is Neurtragena T soemthing shampoo...T-Gel thats it..it comes in a clear bottle and the shampoo is a yellow/tary colour. Just work that into your scalp and that should clear it up.

Normal hair needs to be washed at least 2 times a week to prevent the buildup of grease and other things.

If it doesnt work for you, go and see a Doctor coz it may be psoriosis whcih is treated differently, although if it is psooriosis, the T-Gel should work.

CieL

HSC
Not all dandruff is caused only by a dry scalp..
Some bad ones are caused by fungal infections [I think they're massively itchy too] and need to be treated by prescription antibiotics..

I wouldn't recommend not washing your hair for 6wks. That's nasty. Very.

My friend has a bad dandruff problem. Went to doctors and got some prescription shampoo, which doesn't do jack.. so he just lives with it.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
head and shoulders is not useless! i use it like every day. and no dandruff at all. so hah!

you could have headlice?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
head lice doesnt realli present with dandruff.. and u can see them.. if u look closely..

the fungal thing is a big one.. try.. lik replacing and cleaning the pillow cases too..

but hte zincs are usually effective

CieL: they are not "antibiotics"(misnomer realli.. cos they dun work for viruses too) they are anti-fungals... antibiotics are for bacteria :(.. and besides lik 1 or 2 classes.. they are useless for fungii :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)