• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

damnnnnnnnnnn (2 Viewers)

k_m

HSC
i got 20/30 for a legal assesment dat carriies a weigting of 10% scholl assesment hsc mark does dat affect my chances of gettin in d 90s in d legal hsc skul assesment mark?

also i failed my first mathematics hsc maths asssesment i got 4% out of a potential 10% dat d task weighed. Does dis result also affect my chances of gettin in d 90s in d mathematics hsc skul assesement mark?

i didnt manage my tym well and relise how important the hsc skul assesment tasks really are. i regret gettin dese results coz i no i could have done much better...sighhhhhh

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
It will have an impact on getting in the 90s, although it is still posible to do so if you go well enough in all of your other assessments for each subject.

tennille

HSC
Overall, both assessments are only 5% of your final HSC result. That is a very small amount.

k_m

HSC
lol opps actually i meant 2 rite d legal assemnt weighed 15% dats even worst

tennille

HSC
7.5% isnt that much. As I said before, just do your best for the next few assessments. :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
k_m said:
i got 20/30 for a legal assesment dat carriies a weigting of 10% scholl assesment hsc mark does dat affect my chances of gettin in d 90s in d legal hsc skul assesment mark?

also i failed my first mathematics hsc maths asssesment i got 4% out of a potential 10% dat d task weighed. Does dis result also affect my chances of gettin in d 90s in d mathematics hsc skul assesement mark?

i didnt manage my tym well and relise how important the hsc skul assesment tasks really are. i regret gettin dese results coz i no i could have done much better...sighhhhhh
I think it depends also on how well the rest of your year did in it. If everyone got marks similar to that then your ranking wont be that bad, take for example my english final rank, I got something like 78% that freaked me out, but since everyone did about the same or worse than I my ranking was like 22/80. I wouldn't majorly stress about it, it MAY have an impact but most ppl stuff up at least one HSC assessment task, so I suggest you learn from this one and get some kickass marks.

I survived leaving out a 5 marker (by not knowing there was a question on the back page in the half yearly) ending up with a 90+ assessment mark because the rest made up for it.

Converted to /15 your mark is 10, not much difference when you look at it that way huh?

Good luck and don't stress :uhhuh: Just keep things in perspective...you can make up 5 marks where someone else loses them :) and remember your school marks only make up half of your HSC marks so anything is possible, in the scheme of the HSC your 20/30 only counts 5/7.5 :)

Last edited:

k_m

HSC
what was ur motivation melsc u got such high results?...i need motivation ...i have noooooooo motivation. by d way congrats on such good results

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Pfftt I had no motivation...I'll have no idea how well it turned out until next week.

One thing that really helped me was that I had a clear idea of what course I wanted and it pushed me a bit, still I think I was lazy. You need to find what study techniques work for you and study effectively, don't worry how many hours, its how much you learn in those hours and set your self a goal! Don't forget to live a little in your HSC year as well.

What subjects you doing?

lala2

Banned
HSC
It may seem far off, but there's always half-yearlys and trials to pull you up, and as melsc said, most people stuff up at least one assessment. And of course, the actual external exam is worth 50% in itself, so keep that in perspective, e.g. your 15% legal assessment is 15% out of 50% (assessment in total) so that's what...like 0.075% of your overall HSC mark. Good luck with the rest of Year 12, and don't stress too much!

k_m

HSC
melsc said:
Pfftt I had no motivation...I'll have no idea how well it turned out until next week.

One thing that really helped me was that I had a clear idea of what course I wanted and it pushed me a bit, still I think I was lazy. You need to find what study techniques work for you and study effectively, don't worry how many hours, its how much you learn in those hours and set your self a goal! Don't forget to live a little in your HSC year as well.

What subjects you doing?
i do economics, bus, legal, mathematics, adv eng, n sor 2 unit

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
You have 12 units. That gives you a safety buffer of 2 units as only 10 units (2 of English, plus 8 others) are counted for your UAI. Like the others have said, you haven't seriously dented your chances of getting 90. However, for each of the next assessments, try to score as high as you can to up your rank, and then it's a given that you should work as hard as possible for the final exam.

I_F

P

pLuvia

Not yet, unless you do bad in the others, there's a chance the 90 won't be in reach

But for maths, you have plenty of topic tests to make up for your poor first test.

But seeing you have 12 units, as insert-username said, you have a safety net of 2 units

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Don't worry, people that get in the 90s aren't perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. And they learn from them. :)

LostAuzzie

HSC
Well more than anything else its the rank that matters and the difference between ranks. I stuffed up my first English Assesment by getting 18/30 landing me a ranking of 30/45, however trials and later assesments brought that up to 13/45, with an overall mark of around 70%.
The Board of Studies moderates this assesment mark to eliminate differences in marking between schools (otherwise some schools could mark easier so their students obtain higher marks).
So dont worry too much about the marks in earlier assesments as long as you maintain a decent rank then your chances of getting 90 are still alright. You are meant to improve throughout the year, thats why the later assesments are generally weighted more.

k_m

HSC
Riviet said:
Don't worry, people that get in the 90s aren't perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. And they learn from them. :)
yup i agree wit u dere riviet.....we r only human. we all make mistakes now n agin ..ill try not 2 stuff up my assessments agin....thanks 2 everyone who commented it really helped.....im not so worried now! :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
k_m said:
yup i agree wit u dere riviet.....we r only human. we all make mistakes now n agin ..ill try not 2 stuff up my assessments agin....thanks 2 everyone who commented it really helped.....im not so worried now! :)
agreeded i had made the most stupid mistake in my modern exam i had last tuesday. for that i will be glad if i ever pass, but oh well at least i learnt from it ...

k_m

HSC
hey how cum ranks matter not marks??????...i dnt get that...*confused*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Your rank affects the moderation of your raw marks in your assessments. If you come first in a subject but get like 60%, because it was a really realy hard test, then you will get the highest moderated mark when the real BOS modifies it, and if you come 2nd, then you will get the 2nd highest mark, etc.
That is sought of how it works.

k_m

HSC
oh ok im kinda gettin it now...i swear d way d whole hsc procedure works is a whole complication in itself...soooo mind boggling!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)