• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

...dentistry (1 Viewer)

i'm intereseted in doing dentistry and am almost willing to go practicaly anywhere and do anything for it but i'm worried bout passing the UMAT exam n other complications that come with admission etc... Is there ANY other way of getting in like paying full fee or whatever? Any uni's offer it?

cheers. :confused:

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
HECS @ Adelaide? :)

UAI >90 and decent umat for an interview..

after that its all the interview..

Full Fee @ Melb ?
Full Fee + HECS @ Griffith uni on the gold coast ==> masters of dentistry
im not sure bout UWA..

but there are only 4 dental schools which accept HSC leavers... i think

oh serious? i thought uai> 95 or 96... and a heck of a umat score

i've been asking around if they have full fee at melb, some say its true (pay 130G?) other say no and I can't find any decent info on the net.. So i'm pretty confused.

cheers

juggernaut

HSC
sif move out of ur state away from everyone to get a degree
pffft

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nitemare*bythec
i'm intereseted in doing dentistry and am almost willing to go practicaly anywhere and do anything for it but i'm worried bout passing the UMAT exam n other complications that come with admission etc... Is there ANY other way of getting in like paying full fee or whatever? Any uni's offer it?

help me out!!! cheers. :confused:

I only know of Melb Uni which offers both HECS and local Full fee.
Admission for melb does NOT require an interview.

HECS- The lowest UAI required last year was 99.30 ( This info was gotten from a person who is currently studing there ).
The UMAT score required would be at least 80% in 2 section and 60% in the other.

Full Fee- The cut off for this would be ~96.50 and the UMAT required would be same as above.

Note: when i said 80% i mean that you have to beat at least 80% of the candidture at that section.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
(pay 130G?)
:eek:!

Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
[BI only know of Melb Uni which offers both HECS and local Full fee.[/B]
By a "local full fee" position, do you mean local as in state, or as in national:confused:?

yeh, i don't think they require a uai above 99... i thought it was like getting an ace in the umat plus and a uai>95. and thats not full fee either..by HECS. I mean how can it be 99 + umat when not even med requires that?

I either heard or read somewhere that some uni in oz, allows full fee and its like 130grand.. :rolleyes: who knows...

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond

By a "local full fee" position, do you mean local as in state, or as in national:confused:?
National. ie anybody who has an Aus citizen/passport can apply for a local full fee place.

yeh, i don't think they require a uai above 99... i thought it was like getting an ace in the umat plus and a uai>95. and thats not full fee either..by HECS. I mean how can it be 99 + umat when not even med requires that?
No your wrong the information i got was a friend who rang the admission office and they said the lowest was 99.30.
This figure sounds right with No interview and only 60 HECS places avaliable and also the fact that it's only ONE of three ungrad dent school in Australia.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
National. ie anybody who has an Aus citizen/passport can apply for a local full fee place.
includes permanent residents too

This figure sounds right with No interview and only 60 HECS places avaliable and also the fact that it's only ONE of three ungrad dent school in Australia. [/B]
its actualli 4.. griffith uni.. is an automatic entry into M.dent thru a oral health course.. 5 years

UQueensland has a prereq. of at least 1 year of BSc. then 4 years for BDentSci

approx hecs places available for dentistry? = 40 (UWA) + 40 (UAdel) + 60 (UMelb) =140
incl griffith and UQ's its about 200

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+

its actualli 4.. griffith uni.. is an automatic entry into M.dent thru a oral health course.. 5 years
i just read the entry requirement it sounds dodgey when they force you to do the master's before you can get your dental registry and you have to pay full fee for your master's and not through hecs.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
i just read the entry requirement it sounds dodgey when they force you to do the master's before you can get your dental registry and you have to pay full fee for your master's and not through hecs.
Isn't that the same for all Masters degrees though? I think I remember someone saying that your can't get HECS for any Masters degree:confused:?

I'm seriously lost.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to get 99 to get in, cos friends had got a pretty awesome umat score and some didn't get 99.

Right now, i'm still curious bout where you can actually pay full fee. I've looked at quite a few sites but they don't say anything about full feel national dentistry courses.

got any sites?

cheers.

thats only rare and even then your UAI will still have to be mid 98 or above
But with a UAI 99 you get the option of having a average UMAT score and still get accpeted.

The link for the Full fee is here:

http://www.dent.unimelb.edu.au/courses/bds/default.htm

You click on the Fees under the UMAT heading on the bottom right hand side.
But where does it say bout the UAI and UMAT score? I clicked on the link but it only lists the costs for full fee.

mite call.. :confused:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
they dont usualli disclose it in writing cos there are so much legal issues once u write sumfing down..

which uni u interested in atm?

also.. masters courses arent HECS..never were.. but the cost of griffith is $98k all up..

oh serious?

mmm.. i'm pretty much willing to go anywhere... but i would prefer to be near the city like at melb our something. What have you got details on? I heard that you have to take some other test or something, but other then that I still have no idea :mad1: Do you know where I can find out?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
But where does it say bout the UAI and UMAT score? I clicked on the link but it only lists the costs for full fee.

mite call.. :confused:
You ask for the price of the full fee course not the UAI and UMAT score here's the quote

Right now, i'm still curious bout where you can actually pay full fee. I've looked at quite a few sites but they don't say anything about full feel national dentistry courses.

got any sites?

cheers.
As you can see you didn't once mention about cut off score so i didn't give you the wrong site.

About UAI and UMAT score like +Po1ntDeXt3r+ has said they don't release it because of the multi combination of the selection criteria and by releasing it it might cause legal issues.

oh serious?

mmm.. i'm pretty much willing to go anywhere... but i would prefer to be near the city like at melb our something. What have you got details on? I heard that you have to take some other test or something, but other then that I still have no idea :mad1: Do you know where I can find out?
A little research isn't that hard
Any how well there's 4 undergrad Dent and i gave you the Melb one at the top

Here's the other 3 uni :

Adelaide first

http://www.dentistry.adelaide.edu.au/undrgrad/BDS 04.pdf

http://www.dentistry.adelaide.edu.au/undrgrad/health sci pil 4.pdf

Uni of Western Australia:

http://www.meddent.uwa.edu.au/prospect/etc/subview.cfm/SectionID/3/PageID/27/SubpageID/138

Griffith Uni:

http://www14.gu.edu.au/cis/p_cat/admission.asp?ProgCode=1259

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)