• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DET blocked BOS??? (1 Viewer)

raven2000

HSC
recently i was trying to go to bored of studies from my (public) schools DET internet, and an error came up. "this site is blocked blah blah for Student cheating material..........
omg..
is this true guys? What about if you just need to go on the forum to ask a maths question or something else work related... that is screwd

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I haven't tried accessing it from school in a few weeks, but I know you definitely could use it then.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
just refresh and try again, i get that here and ther but refreshing or goingback works a treat.

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
They have blocked it on some accounts, but I can get it on mine.

raven2000

HSC
EDIT: that day it didn't work. ( dunno y)
but the next time i tried it it worked ( im on from school right now)

I dont think they will block it on october 1st.... but lets see.

Jachie

HSC
Hahahahaha fuck I hate the government. It's going to be impossible to actually do school work at school now. And for what? To ensure a bunch of teenagers won't be able jack off in the library? Jesus.

Last edited:

Foxodi

HSC
BOS was accessible from my school a few weeks ago, but now its also blocked because of 'web blogging' :(

zy

HSC
the concept of whitelisting for schools is so retarded it's not even funny.

cs01001

HSC
DET went a bit too far with blocking, a lot of the real, I mean real educational sites are blocked. I mean wtf?

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
People actually use computers at school in classes other than IT / software design etc. ?

iEdd

HSC
Anyone know a way to bypass the filter? All of the proxy free sites I've tried have been blocked...
Anyway, it would be good if someone could figure it out, then the best way to tell people would be PMs I guess. Otherwise DET will read this and close the hole. :(
EDIT: Googling around yields some promising solutions.

Last edited:

Jachie

HSC
KING CAL said:
People actually use computers at school in classes other than IT / software design etc. ?
Um yes. Do you not get free periods in the country?

KING CAL

Banned
HSC
um yes jachie, but i spend them shooting shit with friends and not in the library on the net

the only time i go into the library is at the start of the year when we have to go get the textbooks out.

bellinda

HSC
DET went majorly over boarded with the blockings and its likely to only get worse..
what is really annoying is private schools have very few blocks..
our school shares a library with a private catholic school, the computers here can be used by both schools using generic passwords for both, the other school can access everything, I think its now been changes so they cant get msn and bebo.. and us, being a public school can access very little..
and they wonder why we access on the other schools account but that’s beside the point...

fozzster22

HSC
this blows.. im at boarding school so the school internet is all I have.. maybe ill get a mad teacher to unblock everything for me hehe

HSC
A blacklist is extremely easy to get around, but a whitelist is much harder... only 2 possibilities I see are:

1) Certain hosting sites aren't blocked for some reason and someone hosts a proxy.
2) Make a dud site and somehow get it on the whitelist then after it's on there change it to a proxy.

Both are likely to get shut down pretty fast though...

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
My schools kind of gone all strict on us already. Not even the teachers are able to get through. We've been given passwords like 3 times, to the ENTIRE school - we have MANY students. And the passwords are for everyone. So without them, there's no internet for you. Many of the teachers who I've talked to are annoyed at the constant blocking of sites. We aren't even able to do assignments now due to those lame things, but we seem to NEED it and BOS works so that makes me happy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)