• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Displaying Ps when you dont need to (1 Viewer)

Shimian

HSC
Can someone confirm the fine and demerit points for a full licence displaying a P plate when they dont need to. The fine is $54 and points is 0.5.
Please confirm

cheers

Uncle Jonny

HSC
....there isnt a fine for displaying P plates.

You just have to adhere to the conditions of the displayed plates.
Be it L's, Red P's, or Green P's.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't even think you have to adhere to the conditions of the displayed plates. I see people driving around with P and even L plates all the time. It's obvious that they haven't bothered to take their kids P plates off the car. I know my parents do it all the time.

Shimian

HSC
Things on paper doesnt mean sh1t for most things. Im only confirming that im reading it correctly or using the correct table.

idiot

Uncle Jonny

HSC
Shimian said:
Things on paper doesnt mean sh1t for most things. Im only confirming that im reading it correctly or using the correct table.

idiot
You're calling me an idiot, when your the one who isn't sure if you can read a table correctly?

Shimian

HSC
Just close this thread if idiots like you have nothing relevant to reply.

Uncle Jonny

HSC
Shimian said:
Just close this thread if idiots like you have nothing relevant to reply.
...I did reply. Are you blind?

Then you revealed you're a tard that can't read tables.

It's okay man, we love you .

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Thankyou, me and dad have had huge fights over this[ its always the stupid stuff thats big] cause half the time he throws my plates away when he goes to drive. I knew there was no law against it, but i couldnt find anything official to show him.

much <3 karen

pottsy44

HSC
a fully licenced driver can drive with p plates on, they just have to adhere to the restrictions. ie 100km/h max on green p's. (i think haha)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
pottsy44 said:
a fully licenced driver can drive with p plates on, they just have to adhere to the restrictions. ie 100km/h max on green p's. (i think haha)
Those speed limits are the biggest joke ever. As if you are going to do 90 or 100 when the speed limit is 110.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know some cases where ppl have become a bit "rusty" with their driving and put on the P plates just to let others know that they aren't that skillful. Fair enough IMO. And then there's also those who forget to take the plates off from their kids- I don't see it as being a danger to other drivers.. so why penalise these activities?

HSC
pottsy44 said:
i'm pretty sure that's not right

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I remember reading in the NRMA magazine thing that there's no penalty in NSW for a fully licenced driver wearing P plates.

It didn't say that you have to follow the speed rules, and I don't think you would have to. But if you were wearing red plates and travelling 110km/h you might get pulled over, so it would just be better to take them off.

It's not like it's hard to take plates off, though.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
pottsy44 said:
haha indeed, moreso if theyr l plates

gna

HSC
would you get done if you had Red P's on if you were on your Greens?

CieL

HSC
Welllllll.... according to the RTA website....

What special rules must I follow?

P2 licence holders must:

Have P plates (green P on a white background) displayed conspicuously at the front and rear of the car when driving. If placing P signs on windows, they must be held against the glass, be displayed conspicuously in lower left-hand (passenger) side of the windscreen and on the lower left-hand side of the rear facing window and must not be placed on any other part of the window area. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer.

Failure to comply with any of the above requirements is an offence and carries heavy penalties, including loss of licence.

However, on the full licenced page, it says nothing about plates..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)