• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Divorced Parents. (1 Viewer)

Dramaqueen06

HSC
Has it affected you to the extent that you're not over it?
Did you care?
Do they still talk, or do they fight?
Did the re marry?
How does it affect you to this day...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my dad left home just over a year ago, the divorce became official last tues.

- i'm used to it now, but it did take a while....family and friends helped :)
- they fought over some things, mum thought dad was making stupid mistakes...but we're all pretty friendly now.
- not yet, though dad did leave to be with another woman (he and mum had been 'just friends' for a while)
- i'm ok, but things obviously wont ever be the same..though that's a fact of life

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If anyone remembers my post about about my dad cheating a bit ago... I think my mum found out and they got over it and now they are alright.... so no divorce for them.

Dramaqueen06

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If anyone remembers my post about about my dad cheating a bit ago... I think my mum found out and they got over it and now they are alright.... so no divorce for them.

That's a good thing that they didn't let it ruin their relationship.

X

xeuyrawp

Dramaqueen06 said:
Has it affected you to the extent that you're not over it?
Did you care?
Do they still talk, or do they fight?
Did the re marry?
How does it affect you to this day...
- No,
- No, too young,
- They talk when it's necessary (things to do with kids), but they don't really get on,
- Yes,
- Not at all, really.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
This is the second marriage for both of my parents. They don't have any other kids or anything though.

Dramaqueen06

HSC
PwarYuex said:
- No,
- No, too young,
- They talk when it's necessary (things to do with kids), but they don't really get on,
- Yes,
- Not at all, really.

I like the fact that some Parents are mature enough to talk about things when it has to do with their kids with no problem...
Mine went to court and it ended in My stepmum and Dad not being able to see the younger ones.
I'm old enough to make my own decision, but it still hurts...

X

xeuyrawp

Dramaqueen06 said:
I like the fact that some Parents are mature enough to talk about things when it has to do with their kids with no problem...
Mine went to court and it ended in My stepmum and Dad not being able to see the younger ones.
I'm old enough to make my own decision, but it still hurts...
My dad took my mum to court for custody as well as stuff (house, money, etc), and got all of his high-school buddies to represent him. Such a dick thing to do, especially since he's a lousy father.

So my mum ended up borrowing a massive amount of money from her parents and hired a massive legal team which essentially left him with nothing. She ended up giving him every second weekend (which I changed to every Friday night in year 10, I think) as well as heaps of furniture and stuff.

I recently thought about whether there was any issue with me disliking him because of her, and I think it's not the case. It's a big temptation for one divorcee to turn the kids on the other parent, but I think she tried to do the opposite.

Dramaqueen06

HSC
PwarYuex said:
My dad took my mum to court for custody as well as stuff (house, money, etc), and got all of his high-school buddies to represent him. Such a dick thing to do, especially since he's a lousy father.

So my mum ended up borrowing a massive amount of money from her parents and hired a massive legal team which essentially left him with nothing. She ended up giving him every second weekend (which I changed to every Friday night in year 10, I think) as well as heaps of furniture and stuff.

I recently thought about whether there was any issue with me disliking him because of her, and I think it's not the case. It's a big temptation for one divorcee to turn the kids on the other parent, but I think she tried to do the opposite.

By the sounds of it your mum's pretty generous to go through all the effort in court, to win and to give your dad furniture etc...
Some parents would leave the other with nothing.
court was over simple things like Christmas holidays and such...
The kids wanted to go away with dad, mum would not allow it that year.
So dad decided to take it to court (For the kids happiness)
Mum borrowed money aswell to hire a barrister and a sollicitor, dad was his own- that led to sleepless nights and alot of stress for him and his current wife.
Since court began, other things were brought up.
That led my stepmother to not be able to see the 3 kids (Not including me or my sister). My stepmother adored the kids, and now she can't see them at all.
My mother brought up all the things that lead to my father and stepmum giving up, they could have carried it further... they had things to say, but... for our sake, they kept quiet.
Now they have moved far away, the kids are lucky to see my dad once a month...
I still maintain a close relationship with them. I can see them (Including my stepmum) whenever i want but it's hard because it's a while away.
Luckily enough i was able to get the money and plan to travel up there this weekend, so i'm heaps excited about that.

I wish they did not act so immature with it, i wish they knew exactly how it hurt us kids, emotionally.

My father was a great one, now he dosen't have the right to "Father" his kids anymore... I have to watch my stepdad do it.

I can see my dads true pain, and i wish every one of my brothers and sisters would understand that there are two sides of the story and how much he does still care for us.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
PwarYuex said:
i thought about that last year, when mum & dad were fighting. i felt bad that i was getting angry at dad for treating mum like he did..and then i felt bad that i wasnt seeing both sides of the story...then i eventually got over those feelings and just accepted things for what they really were

Dramaqueen06

HSC
PwarYuex said:

By the sounds of it your mum's pretty generous to go through all the effort in court, to win and to give your dad furniture etc...
Some parents would leave the other with nothing.
court was over simple things like Christmas holidays and such...
The kids wanted to go away with dad, mum would not allow it that year.
So dad decided to take it to court (For the kids happiness)
Mum borrowed money aswell to hire a barrister and a sollicitor, dad was his own- that led to sleepless nights and alot of stress for him and his current wife.
Since court began, other things were brought up.
That led my stepmother to not be able to see the 3 kids (Not including me or my sister). My stepmother adored the kids, and now she can't see them at all.
My mother brought up all the things that lead to my father and stepmum giving up, they could have carried it further... they had things to say, but... for our sake, they kept quiet.
Now they have moved far away, the kids are lucky to see my dad once a month...
I still maintain a close relationship with them. I can see them (Including my stepmum) whenever i want but it's hard because it's a while away.
Luckily enough i was able to get the money and plan to travel up there this weekend, so i'm heaps excited about that.

I wish they did not act so immature with it, i wish they knew exactly how it hurt us kids, emotionally.

My father was a great one, now he dosen't have the right to "Father" his kids anymore... I have to watch my stepdad do it.

I can see my dads true pain, and i wish every one of my brothers and sisters would understand that there are two sides of the story and how much he does still care for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)